Would you yoyo if you didn't have a nice yo?

Ugh, I hate this yoyo so much. It would be a tough trial to only live with this one.

2 Likes

No, I wouldnā€™t.

3 Likes

Absolutely. I still have most of the yoyos I bought between 1995-2003. I still play them, even the fast201 which I absolutely hate every time I pick it up but it reminds of how far weā€™ve come. I still enjoy most them, and I still believe the YYJ Hitman deserves legendary status.

5 Likes

Iā€™ll probably grab it just to keep in the glove box of my truck for emergencies only lol. You never know!

2 Likes

it all depends on your definition of nice, and managing expectations.

3 Likes

Yes. I will blast tricks with anything i have at my disposal. Manily because I like to have fun the most and having fun is not tied to gear in any way. Yoyos are toys, and playing with expensive yoyos is not a personality.

10 Likes

A million times, yes. I use ā€œinferiorā€ plastics more than I use anything else as is.

3 Likes

I sometines get given a yoyo from a kid to show them some tricks on. Most of the time the time the string has loads of knots and is a grey colour where it was once white and almost never can sleep. The kids love it when you show them some zipper stalls and flips tricks with their light up Elsa from Frozen yoyo.

11 Likes

Yes, absolutely I would.

Unlessā€¦ Unless the only yoyo I had access to was a Duncan Reflex. If that were the case, Iā€™d probably throw it off a cliff and never look back.

Iā€™m kidding, obviously. I strongly dislike that model, but if it were all I had, Iā€™d push its limits and squeeze as much fun out of it as I can.

2 Likes

in my experience, yoyoinā€™ has very little to do with the actual yoyoā€¦

iā€™ve posted this opinion before, and sarcastic replies ensued - which is fine.

mgodzilla

cloudyā€¦

4 Likes

Any modern yoyo - for sure. My EDC lately has been a B grade Delrin Wedge I got for $5 lol. But as someone else pointed out- if I was stuck with like a Fireball or Brain I probably would lose interest.

2 Likes

I love obliterating my fingers with the wedge. Fun, yet painful

3 Likes

I learned how to yoyo on a duncan butterfly. I canā€™t tell you how many times I had to rewind my Duncan VHS to get split the atom down, but it was fun.

6 Likes

All the things that got me back into throwing were done on tug responsive yo-yos, and How To Be A Player is still amazing. New throws are great, but how does it get better than this??

12 Likes

Iā€™ve never seen that! Thanks for sharing, i loved it.

1 Like

Sooooooo Good!

2 Likes

If I can do the tricks I want to do on it, Iā€™ll take it. It kinda depends on my mood I guess. Yoyo is a form of self expression after all.

1 Like

Honestly; if I didnā€™t have a good yoyo; I would probably just go down to my shop and make onešŸ¤”

Doh!

9 Likes

Oh yeahā€¦

Thatā€™s how we roll. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

It definitely took a nice yoyo to get me as interested as I am now. But Iā€™d happily settle for a butterfly if thatā€™s all I had, especially since stall-based play is appealing to me.

7 Likes