Would you rather have a CiTizen or a Titanium Dream?

What on earth does a brand have to do with the performance of a yo-yo? Should Lamborghini and Ferrari leave the badges and branding off their automobiles?

The Dream is an amazing yo-yo that is just about the best thing in my bag. I am sure YYF was proud to put their brand on that yo-yo to let everyone know who made it - and where to get more.

Oh, I’m sorry, did I stutter? Did I mention performance? I was simply commenting on branding. The question isn’t “Which yoyo performs better?”, it’s “Which yoyo would you rather have?”. And, guess what? Performance isn’t the only thing that matters to everyone. Branding affects which yoyo I’d rather have. Maybe it doesn’t affect your choice, but that’s why I specifically wrote it as an opinion; “I think” “I picked” “I chose”. This is my opinion. Don’t take it as an attack.

Well, anyone who has enough money to purchase one of their cars, and the inkling to actually buy one, has very likely heard of both car companies, and already knows what they want.

I have now played both the Dream and the Citizen. I enjoyed both. Both are fantastic yoyos that I would love to have in my case. YYF have every right to put their name on their yoyos. I have every right to think it makes their yoyos look ugly.

Thought experiment, and I don’t want anyone to take this the wrong way or get too far off topic but if we took CLYW brand lineup and put them in bag A. Then took YYF brand lineup and put them in bag B. Then had to decide - we are looking for a top of the line metal yoyo, which bag would you stick your hand in?

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Sorry, I guess I took it the wrong way. All I was saying is that I do not agree that no branding is somehow better than branding. Perhaps I mis-read your original post?

You did say that:

“A good yoyo should need no branding in order for people to know what company made it”

… right?

What did I get wrong on that?

This is a spin off topic, but I’d stick my hand in the YoyoFactory bag with the Space Cowboy, Bi-metal Genesis, Ricochet and Ti Dream in it. And, YoyoFactory is the king of the coloway right now too. We have a winner. :wink:

Agree on color ways TA, YYF is on fire. I’d hate to pull out a plastic though. Or maybe a Yeti, ha. OK anyway, as usual the answer is all of the above :slight_smile:

You didn’t get anything wrong on that. Look at CLYW. The only yoyo they have their brand name on, and the name of the yoyo on, is the Yeti. All of their metal yoyos lack any branding. Yet, many of their yoyos are iconic, and can easily be identified even without any branding. To me, that is the mark of a good yoyo; when it doesn’t need a label for people to know what it is and who made it.