Would you rather have a CiTizen or a Titanium Dream?

Sorry I wasn’t meaning to be hostile. I am just endlessly confused by “competition” oriented vs fun. I just see it as a bland generalization that doesn’t really mean much to me. I don’t think any of the sOMEThING or Turning Point yoyos fit that description and I’d say they are very competition oriented.

I’m sure both throws are amazing and fun and great for competitions.

Just have fun with whatever Ti you get. I scooped a CiTizen.

Im probably gonna have to get dream now so I can have all three and sit them next to each other and dress them in outfits and take their pictures and make them be friendz.

Remember, the question is which one would you rather have. So, this is about personal preference. Not many people actually have both to say anything really bad about one or the other. Even for those who tried one or both for a few minutes, keep in mind it sometimes takes a lot longer to get to know the yo-yo. So, we are all basing our opinion on either actual experience to varying degrees, or a presumption based on what we know or heard about the yo-yos. People are choosing as expected based on what they know (or don’t know). For that reason, I don’t think any offense should be taken if people pick one or the other.

I made my last post before having the Citizen in my hands. And, I absolutely love that Titanium Dream, so that was a definite winner. I have a Citizen now too though. You’ll enjoy whichever yo-yo you get. After throwing them both back-to-back for awhile, I made some observations. The Titanium Dream is still the one that suits my preferences the best. I highly recommend you try one.

To me, the Dream plays faster. What I mean by that is, for me to move it fast, it seems to take less effort. That may be what YoyoSpirit was referring to. They are both comfortable in the hand to play. I like that brushed surface on the Dream. It is titanium but feels so soft to the touch at the same time. For those who care about grinding, you’ll love it. I don’t have anything else that feels like that finish. Citizen did not like that double loop I do around the bearing. :frowning: I was able to undo it of course, but Dream puts up with me and plays great doubled up T.A. style. ;D They are both smooth, but my blue Dream is the smoothest thing in my collection right now. Otherwise, on smoothness, my brushed Dream and Citizen are pretty even in that department. Dream has a tad bit more of that solid feel I like on the string too, so it suits me better.

Choosing one or the other is no offense to either, because it’s all about your preference. With two titanium yo-yos released around the same time, by major companies, at about the same price, people are bound to compare.

1 Like

Wow doubled up. I haven’t done that since the Viper days.

:smiley:

Oh man. Oh man. Not again.

#couldntresist

1 Like

My vote goes to the CiTizen

Definitely the Citizen.

I need this explained to me.

I just meant that since you can get the Draupnir for $200 and the Citizen costs $300 and it is well worth the extra $100 to get the Citizen over the Draupnir. I tried both back to back and definitely love the Citizen.

Walls are thin on the citizen. Confirmed from David.

Someone just start a pole.

Cause then we’d be broke lol

I’ve got the Ti Dream…was one of the crowdfunders. You know…if I were to compete I would grab my dream over anything else I own and not think twice about it. Thing is…my chief gets thrown the most…then my puffin 2. I bet Gentry Stein could pick up a dark magic and own most everyone in this thread…even with our Ti throws. It’s all about the person…and they’re is no right or wrong return top…I hope everyone is happy with their purchase.

I personally chose the Citizen. The shape appeals to me more than the dream. I’m sure the dream plays well, and is a good yoyo, but to me, the aesthetics of the Citizen made it stand out. Even though YYF makes pretty good yoyos, I really don’t like the look of their branding. Yes, they are a mass-producer of yoyos, but I think they could do a lot to make the yoyos feel less mass-produced. I think the addition of “Made in China” with the batch number next to it, along with the little “registered trademark” symbol next to the emblazoned yoyofactory logo is unnecessary and detracts from an otherwise nice looking cup. That’s one of the other reasons I picked the citizen over the dream.

2 Likes

I agree with you. That’s one of the reasons I like CLYW throws. No branding on most of their throws.

I love YoyoFactory branding, as if you didn’t already know. :wink: Just thought I’d stop in and post a little visual aid.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/440/19797017784_af4b6ed8d8_z.jpgDreamvsCitizen by Total Artist, on Flickr

A good yoyo should need no branding in order for people to know what company made it