Would you rather have a CiTizen or a Titanium Dream?

Can you explain what you mean by competition ready and how the dream is any different in that regard to the citizen?

It’s not. You can tell by the shape and specs that the Citizen will be just as much of a “competition” beast as the TiDream is. The only possible merit I can see in that argument, is that the TiDream is much more accessible, so it’s much easier to have multiples to take up on stage. Other than that, it would be personal preference and the skill of the thrower, as neither of the two have any part of their design that would inhibit competition-level performance.

I feel like the Citizen really did have competition in mind when it was made(It is probably the fastest and most stable/long spinning yoyo I have ever tried) but it also just turned out to be a fun, enjoyable, unique throw. If all you have is a competition yoyo with no personality that is always pushong you to go faster, then yoyoing wouldn’t be very fun. I agree that the specs of the Citizen do suggest a more laid back play style, but I can assure you that it is not only more fun, but better than the Ti Dream. Now if only I could get over my dingapobia and use it in a competition where it might get damaged. :frowning:

I want a ti dream

Most everything these days are “competition oriented”. People used to compete with cold fusions…

The ti dream is the best yoyo I’ve ever used, frankly the only thing I think that will be close is the draupnir I’m getting soon. As far as the citizen, it looks great but I wouldn’t spend 300$ on it… Or any yoyo, even the ti dream (got it for 200$)

I don’t have either, and both don’t appeal to me. If I could choose a ti, it would be the evora every day of the week.

Basically, the Dream fits all the standards of a competition metal, a bit better than the CiTizen does. The Draupnir is called the best competition YoYo, so it has set the standard. Sure preference plays a large role, but it appears when people look for a competition YoYo, they look for a light, fast, sharp V shaped rim weighted design, with some width to it. That being said, it doesn’t mean the CiTizen isn’t competition ready, the Dream just might be a bit more so. But again, preference plays a huge role.

You are avoiding the question though. Im asking specifically how the dream fits this ‘standard’ more so than the citizen. The specs of the citizen are closer to the draupnir than the dream are.

Eh, only the weight is closer really. Diameter and width of the Dream, as well as the profile, are nearly identical.

Diameter and weight of the citizen is closer to the draupnir than the dream is, at least acording to yyr and yye sites. It’s fractions of a mm though. I just find it kind of annoying that “fun” takes away from “competition oriented”. I think the draupnir is the most fun yoyo I have.

I guess you’ve got me there, I just assumed you couldn’t get much closer when comparing my Dreams and Draupnirs. I also agree that fun doesn’t take away from competition ability, the Draupnir is extremely fun. So is the Dream, and I’m sure the Citizen is as well.

I’m not sure what you mean by avoiding the question. I feel I hit the nail pretty straight on. Simply put, the shape of the Dream fits what most throwers look for in a competition throw than the CiTizen. Maybe I was wrong in stating the Dream is better, but in design, the shape is just more of what competitive level players use. And specs may be closer, but what about the overall shape? The Dream is much closer.

Did you do a survey?

1 Like

The thing is, professional players use a wide range of shapes, sizes, and weights to compete. Sure, there may be a bias towards V shapes with low walls, but the Citizen has that. It’s more rounded off than the TiDream, but there are plenty of pros that use yoyos with more rounded edges. Both are extremely competent designs for use in competition, and which one is better for competition relies more on the personal preferences of who’s using it on stage. Your ideal competition throw may be a V shape with sharp angles, but that’s not true of all players.

No, but if you look at the throws used by many throwers, it appears V shaped throws take the top of the list. That being said, it is all preference, but V shaped throws are the most used ATM. And if you took offense to anything I said, I apologize, I am not at all trying to diminish the performance of the Citizen.

No offense taken. Was just curious where you got your data. :slight_smile:

Citizen absolutely. If I had to compare the current big three (Evora, Cit, Dream). I’d put Citizen first with Evora close second and Dream… Well… I’d rather have something else.

If I’m trying to justify spending the money on a titanium I’d want to know that the design wouldn’t work any other way. Apparently the dream doesn’t require to be made of titanium to work appropriately. It strikes me as a typical V shape that would work if made of almost anything. I’m sure the titanium helps it perform better but not that it’s, necessarily necessary :slight_smile:

Apparently Evora and Citizin do need to be made of titanium to work appropriately. The Evora so much so that it will break if made of aluminum. Will the citizen break if made of aluminum? I don’t know, I don’t think so, the walls don’t look that thin but perhaps it would warp or bend or something.

Also the citizen is made from the ground up by a small shop that does everything itself which just adds to the appeal for me. Then if you care about made in USA, it has that requirement too.

For me, it’s a no brainer.

The Titanium Dream also has very thin walls and would bend if made of aluminum. The Aluminum Dream is not the same shape as the Titanium Dream; rather, it’s just bacsed on the same shape-- it’s walls are much thicker. One quick look at a picture of the Aluminum vs the Titanium Dream will show this to you.

1 Like

Sweet! If that’s true then that’s good for the dream and evens the playing field for me. Now it’s just the “meh” I get from the shape when I look at it. Which I suppose is why I haven’t spent long enough looking at it to notice how thick the walls are.

But seriously thank you, that does make me feel better about it.