Would anyone buy an Overture if Onedrop did another run? It's been 4 years since the last release

Someone started a thread a while back and @da5id listened and we got more Topdecks. They sold, and that’s the goal. Keep the manufactures in profit, and keep the player’s needs met.

I’m not gonna immediately say “I beg of you, please do another run, it’s been 4 years” without knowing if there is interest. That alone could be why it’s been 4 years, maybe they say for a while on store shelves.

I have one. The End 2, Hatrick and Overture would be my top three if I could have any yoyo if any I have ever tried. I’ve tried hundreds, including the Peak. I know that says a lot about my taste and style. Their are individuals like me (see the yoyo boomers thread, lol.).

Jokes aside, to me, Sebby took the Peak and wrote a love letter to it with the design input on the Overture. I know the Wizard dropped. The Overture and Wizard are in no way similar enough for the Wizard to be the replacement for the Overture, in case anyone was thinking that. Not throwing shade at the Wizard, I have one and like it a lot.

So does anyone who has an Overture or has tried one have any interest in seeing more made? I’m not losing sleep over it because I have one, but I do wish that others could have the opportunity to see what I see in it.

7cc9b6d4-376f-5acb-a22b-aa3806cfb0d9_436x436
onedrop-overture

9 Likes

It seems like every time one pops up on any BST, it’s already sold. There’s got to be demand. I feel like I’ve never seen one sit more than an hour. Maybe I’m just not looking in the right places.

1 Like

A One Drop organic? Yes, add me to the list of pre-orders. :wink:

But when I look over the ODs I have, I do feel like I cover a lot of ground between MMC, FP2, Parlay, Wizard.

2 Likes

Oh I forgot about parlay. I want one of those real bad too.

4 Likes

I feel like the general consensus I’ve seen is that people want the more aggressively performance focused One Drops before doing more organics. Especially since the Wizard literally just dropped, the Still Rollin is on the horizon, and the Reboot/Markmont Project 2/Diorama/Panorama/Nitro/Intro/Sudo and other organic adjacent ODs have all had fairly recent drops.

I’m not gonna say OD has only been releasing organics since the Fat Tire 2020/Kamuraiju/Wyvern exist, but it’s still been few and far between their more aggressively performance driven throws like the Top Deck.

Just my outsiders perspective on OD releases.

I think more people would be excited about a Kuntosh/Rev 1/Virtuoso run or things along those lines.

10 Likes

I was gifted the Overture I have. I don’t have a lot of info on their Overture releases but I think a nickel or copper plated run would be nice. I’m pretty picky with my collection and I probably would have never have got one otherwise, but I was surprised how much I liked it considering it is a little bigger.

Or something new, innovative, and performance-driven. I love the Top Deck because I can literally smack it mid-air and it doesn’t give a ■■■■. Give me more of that.

I would also love an Overture at some point. I’m easy to please.

2 Likes

Possibly an unpopular opinion but I’m not a huge fan of OD organics in general I only like the panorama/diorama and the Static stuff. So I would pass.

I would buy an Overture.

As far as I can see, the market for these yo-yos that some people think OD should be making instead of the yo-yos they are selling as fast as they can make them is. . . booming. But who else is going to make something like the Overture (or Wizard) better than OD?

1 Like

I’d be very interested in a “boosted” version.

6 Likes

A Titanium Overture with stainless rings in the cup….

3 Likes

I have one and therefore wouldn’t be interested in another. It’s not a bad yoyo and it had a very nice bead blast finish. I think the splashes were pyramatte, but I’m not 100% sure.

I think the Küntosh 5000QV would be a better bet for generating interest.

6 Likes

I’m sure OD will jump right on that, not that it’s not a good idea! :wink:

The only answer is HELL YES

2 Likes

Cerakote Overture please.

3 Likes

I think at this point anything Cerakote would sell within a minute of release.

Forget about the Overture, make more of the Kuntosh!!

3 Likes

Just picked one up this week through the urging of a friend. Thankful I did.

1 Like

I’ll take it in Cerakote, splash, solid, (hell, David could take a raw one and rub it in his ■■■) and I’d buy it at this point.

In should read on.

3 Likes

Well it just happens that Sebby is trying to plan a visit to our factory soon so at that point we’ll talk to him about doing more :slight_smile:

20 Likes

Yes please! Cerakote would be sick, but I’ll take any solid.

1 Like