One Drop organics

I definitely see the appeal of side effects, but I’m wondering if any of you prefer OD’s tapped axle organics, and if anyone has compared some/all of them.

To my knowledge, these are the organics they’ve produced/collaborated on so far:

Markmont Classic
Markmont MCMO
Parlay
Panorama
Intro
Nitro
Benchmark O
Overture
Gauntlet
Downbeat

Any that I’m missing here? If you had to live with just one, which would it be?

4 Likes

Without hesitation… Panorama :heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

Man, I was really ready to love mine after reading all the hype… but I just didn’t. I don’t know exactly what it was. I don’t mind slimmer Os, or flat bearings, or less rim weight. Maybe it was the sidewalls. I also didn’t like how it felt on the catch.

3 Likes

…and that right there is a prime example of why yoyos are so dope. What one person doesn’t like about a throw, someone else could totally love. The catch feel is actually one of the reasons I love the Panorama the most lmao

Anyway, back on topic…

7 Likes

I only have two from your list (Panorama and MCMO), and I’d go with the MCMO. By far. Both have side effects so that’s not a lot of help, but my two favorite ODs are the MCMO (though technically not a OD maybe) and the Lunar Eclipse and the latter is tapped so I guess…no help there either unless you’re looking for the advice: don’t demand or avoid side effects.

3 Likes

I have a Gauntlet and a Nitro, in terms of Organic One Drop. Interestingly, although you can make the Nitro go super fast, it isn’t as zippy as I expected for a 62.4 gram yoyo to be. So it isn’t that fast unless you make it be. At the same time gauntlet doesn’t feel as heavy as 66.1. I’ve owned both of them for quite a while, and they are both great.

1 Like

Panorama for sure, but I couldn’t leave my Parlay behind either!

Intro was my first od, and I still have it and enjoy it.
MCMO was alright, but I sold it.
Overture is excellent, but it is a big boi.

@Lido wanna buy another Lunar Eclipse? Lol

3 Likes

Parlay :wink:

10 Likes

if you include the od x ilyy sakura se, that would be my choice. though it’s more h-shape, it has some organic attributes i feel.

i may have to pick up a panorama. the difference in opinions mentioned and the following it has make me curious. i wasn’t in a position for the drops so i never payed much attention and never really checked it out.

3 Likes

Nitro is the one drop organic I gravitate toward, it’s great.

2 Likes

Missing the 54, Top Deck, Cabal, T1, Cascade, Sovereign, and all the Projects

I’d go Benchmark O cuz then I’d get three.

5 Likes

Also missing the downbeat 2020! I would stick with the downbeat 2020 or the panorama. Been partial to the downbeat since It had an early 2010s competition throw feel. Super nostalgic for me.

2 Likes

I didn’t click with the Panorama either, I much prefer the Parlay.

I really like the Downbeat 2020, too, probably more than the original Downbeat (though that’s still a great yoyo).

1 Like

54 is it

3 Likes

This thread reminded me that eventually I’d like to try a Downbeat 2020. I haven’t played any of the One Drop Organics but something about the Downbeat 2020 seems really appealing. I don’t think I’d enjoy the weight of the original, but the update seems awesome. The ridges on it seem like they’d feel great in your hand. I just never see any come up on the BST in any colorways I like enough to want to buy.

54 has some special magic in it!

4 Likes

downbeat is one of the underrated yos in their lineup imo… i got one as a gift recently and was happy to get one back in the rotation

4 Likes

I have a MCM, MCMO, Nitro, and a Mayhem (so two tapped and two SE’s)

If im being totally honest, all four are very comparably smooth, and they all get thrown, but the Nitro is something special.

2 Likes

Cabal also if you want to count their delrin throw as well.

1 Like

On that list I have only the Intro, but like it very much. It’s my go to pocket yo-yo.

1 Like