One Drop organics

Missing Duncan x One Drop’s Mayhem.

Wish it would make a return.

5 Likes

Missing the Prescription.

Nobody ever talks about this OneDrop.

8 Likes

Sovereign. One of their best tapped organics.

14 Likes

Is that nickel plated? Holding up nicely.

It’s titanium.

2 Likes

Oh, wow. Funny. I didn’t know OD had ever made a Ti until earlier today when I listened to Doc Pop’s Jeffrey Pang interview and they mentioned it. Short term memory shot.

1 Like

They actually made 2 titaniums! One of them is the Sovereign and the other is the Citizen. If only they’ll make more…

Both were made a long time ago.

5 Likes

They actually have 4 Ti throws but both Ti Marquis and Mantis weren’t as available as the previous mentioned. Mantis is an amazing organic tapped throw as well and is often underrated imo.

8 Likes

Both of those are on my “to hopefully eventually acquire” list for my One Drop collection, which is aiming to be a complete collection of every throw they’ve made; the Mantis and Marquis titaniums have seemed to me as more difficult to track down than a Markmont project or Sakura SE.

3 Likes

Oh right! I totally forgot about the two mystery box style throws coming in titanium as well, mostly only remembered the different colours that you could get.

I have a Downbeat 2020, a parlay, a nitro, and the panorama. My personal favorite is the Panorama but as you see there are mixed opinions on it… And typically you’ll have that with most any throw, there’s always some that love it, and others that would pass on it. In terms of performance I’d definitely have to say the nitro stands above the rest, but for comfort and fun I’d go with the parlay. Now if your looking for an old school feel with a bit of a modern touch the panorama is it. This throw is soo much fun because it gives off that nostalgic vibe and performs amazingly well. It’s also great for cleaning up your routine because of it’s high walls if you dont stay in line or it will let ya know quick. Anywhere your sloppy it’s gonna show, and just for that reason I throw it the most of all my throws plus it’s comfy and fun. (There’s a reason they sell out within the first hour or 2…) Of course it’s all about personal preference and that’s something that no 1 model can satisfy.

3 Likes

Infinitely harder to find those Ti’s

2 Likes

Technically not a onedrop throw, but the Sudo (by Static Co. / machined @ onedrop) is hands down my fave organic with SEs. Parlay vibes, with better performance / more stable. Highly recommend if you can pick one up.

5 Likes

This

4 Likes

The Overture is sadly underrated. Large enough diameter to be oversized but not so large that it’s gimmicky. Slightly heavy but so floaty. No response bump or grooves, so you need to be mindful in your movements. And the longest tapped axle I’ve ever encountered. I swear it takes like 10 seconds to unscrew. Also, Sebby Brock has really unique and cool style.

Though I like the MCMO better, I don’t technically consider it a One Drop yoyo (and I don’t think One Drop machined yoyos from other companies should be considered One Drop yoyos). I would put the MC a baby step behind the Overture, in my eyes.

8 Likes

I’d definitely agree with this. The Overture is not a yo-yo I own, but whenever I try one I always have a hard time putting it down!

(And yeah, Sebby is legit)

2 Likes

I need to get an Overture someday. Never had one or even played one, but every time I see it I think I need one in my collection. It looks like something I’d enjoy.

4 Likes

I had a purple one and sold it like an idiot.

The Overture looks really sweet. I think that, the Cabal, the Nitro, and the Parlay are probably what I’ll end up trying out.

3 Likes

Just picked up an Overture, and I’ve had a Nitro and an Intro for a few weeks now. Gotta say that the Overture is far and away my favorite despite how vibey and well-loved the one I bought is. Great hand feel, nice balance of float and power, and just really fun to play. I think 58mm is some sort of magical sweet spot for me. I love how my Bowl XL feels on the string, but it’s so big that it feels goofy in the hand and is a bit awkward to throw. This nearly achieves that string feel without the overstated profile. If the Overture was schmooved I think it’d be my top choice overall, not just from OD.

The Nitro and Intro are quite good, but not really what I was looking for in a daily throw. The SM on my Nitro is way too beautiful to part with, though, and the blast on my Intro is one of the best I’ve ever gotten to hand grind.

5 Likes