One Drop organics

And this is why @da5id is shooting down my requests Everytime I ask him to bring back the M1, lol

We have to go 40 posts deep and no one has mentioned it. It’s the first affordable metal made in the USA brought to market.

In my honest opinion, it is also the best pocket throw ever made. Just thin enough to fit in your pocket and feel like it isn’t there, and yet wide enough to not feel like you are playing a Deep State (which I absolutely love and it takes away most of the sting, lol)

So yeah, my vote is to hunt down an M1 if you are like me and like pocket friendly organics

Also, no one mentioned the dingo, the dingo deserves serious love too.

5 Likes

I’d love to get a second chance at some classic One Drops

5 Likes

I mean, it’s a 13 year old yo-yo that is not readily available and pops up on the BST rarely (seen one in the past two years). Most people in this thread / active on YYE weren’t around then, not to mention if one does manage to find one it used a pad size that’s nearly extinct at this point. Also, I’ve never really considered it an organic, it seemed more V shaped to me but I it does have a rounder profile so I can see where you’re coming from.

A refreshed M1 with side effects would be really cool.

Similar to the M1, it’s a 12 year old throw that hardly ever pops up on the BST, I’ve seen one, maybe two in the past two years. Quite dense feeling on the string, but to be fair that’s most minis. I was really surprised by how great it plays, the idea behind it was executed incredibly well.

3 Likes

That was a long winded way of telling me I’m old, lol. Just joking, and you’re right, most of the younger players weren’t around during that extremely exciting and historic time in yoyo history.

The idea of wanting to make an affordable metal for everyone. To get that elusive metal yoyo in the hands of us all. That is ground breaking. I remember growing up playing a Bumblebee GT and just dreaming about what a Cold Fusion plays like.

There are many on the board here that migrated from yoyonation and don’t post that know all about it just as we do, if Onedrop decided to bring back some nostalgia throws I think it would be very well received. With the resurgence of the FH1 having the option to use pads, they could likely make the pad version of the M1 work, but should likely go with the recessed sili groove they had put out after.

3 Likes

Rebirth , parlay , downbeat 2020 , prescription , intro , gauntlet… all bangers .

4 Likes

Something something thrill of the hunt…

https://www.ebay.com/itm/294656450292?hash=item449ae49ef4:g:zPIAAOSwRJthwqxg

3 Likes

“not clyw yoyo” lol. Ninja-stealthy keywords here.

I do like pocket-friendly organics, but I lean more toward things with O-shapes and/or slims with larger diameters. The Recess/Zeekio Quiz is probably the best blend of pocket-friendly, comfortable, and capable that I’ve found yet. I loved the ideas behind the M1 but did not enjoy playing mine back when I owned one.

2 Likes

I do imagine part of my love is nostalgia and would have to admit there are far better pocket friendly options.

But darnit, there is just something about it, lol

3 Likes

No, I’m with you, the M1 is the one I throw in my pocket 90% of the time. And I just got mine this year, so no nostalgia involved.

2 Likes

The M1 plays like a rock, isnt stable, and i love it so much. It was my first metal over 10 years ago, and i greatly regret trading it off.

3 Likes

Same, this is the one I sold

5 Likes

Oooh, I need an orange half to complete the original half swap I had back in the day (blue/orange), will have to keep an eye on this one. :eyes:

2 Likes