Worst yoyo

I just asked myself what is the worst yoyo. Any ideas?

3 Likes

inb4 locked thread

17 Likes

Pretty much anytime someone asks this, the thread ends up getting locked. The yoyo community is SUPER small and the maker of some of the throws that are mentioned could easily come across a post mentioning their yoyo as the worst - you can see how it might quickly devolve like it has so many times in the past.

So, to put a cap on all that, the yoyo commonly referred to and widely accepted as the worst yoyo of all time is the Rev G.

All that needs to be said, really.

13 Likes

Every time someone says revg is bad I want it more

But yeah what Spence said. No need to be negative. Unless it’s Watieoboo then we make snide remarks in passing like highschool teens.

8 Likes

What are you talking about Capt!? I only see glorious reviews of anything Watieoboo😂

7 Likes

@edhaponik has this topic already covered see link below :arrow_down:

8 Likes

A decade later I’m offended Ed would hate on anything as majestic as the yoffy

3 Likes

we found it. the worst yoyo

8 Likes

Rain City @MrYoyoThrower has already claimed the worst with the Dumpster Fire

"The Dumpster Fire
Here at Rain City Skills we try to be responsive to the ever-changing world and the needs of our customers. 2020 has been such an… interesting…year that we decided it needed it’s own signature yoyo.

Last December we released the “Stoopid Capitalism Day Tree”
I gave Justin instructions to make it awful. He failed; people enjoyed it. I decided to give him one more chance before hanging him upside down by his feet while an army of Kindergarteners tickled him with taser-feathers.

“Make this yoyo the worst yoyo ever to exist.”
I said this.
He did it.

From Justin Scott Larson who did the math to create the design

“Of note. It’s not some ■■■■ tier hot garbage Yoyo. It’s engineered specifically to suck. It’s not a brick, or gigantic, or vibey. It doesn’t have any cutting or chomping edges like the breathe. It’s specifically designed to make you question your life choices up to this moment.”

The dumpster fire is evil. It hates you so much. It will make you want to quit yoyoing. You will regret buying this yoyo immediately.

But you will also fight anyone who tries to take it away.

It’s just that bad."

14 Likes

The worst yoyo ever, but I had to have one.

6 Likes

the eppendorf is a pretty good example of one which actually tried to be good. you may know the name from a centrifuge company, and some guy in there had the idea to make some yoyos out of spare parts. interestingly, they don’t look horrible, but they sure do play horrible. weight distribution is all wonky, its heavier than a rock on a string, weird stuff in the catch zone, etc. what’s really interesting is that it actually does some stuff pretty well. it has a nice w shape, response pads, konkave bearing, and ‘fingerspin’ zones (if you think about it and squint a bit). they actually gave these out for free for quite a while.

4 Likes

How so?

1 Like

according to the website, all center weight, small catch zone, unstable flat 10ball bearing

Never played it, but Dumpster Fire deserves this honor. Its kind of aiming for it :rofl::rofl:.

That and the basic Duncan Butterfly (sorry Duncan!! :eyes:) I hate mine. The only yoyo i love to beat to hell on purpose. I cant wait for mine to be completely obliterated.

For what its worth i love the Duncan Imperial. Much better yoyo. I have 4 including 2 glow in the dark models lol.

yea. the butterfly isn’t very comfortable, and the response is too slippy

1 Like

Mine chews string for breakfast… i save my used strings for it.

1 Like

Depends on which version. The newer butterflies are great.

2 Likes

Hey don’t start fights. This is bait and you know it. Maybe just let this one chill…

4 Likes

I don’t care what folks say I still want a dumpster fire

5 Likes

Shutter wide angle. Abosolute worst yoyo. No question. Like, its not fair the gentry won the WYYC. Its not fair. This is scripted. Like hes not even that good. He just uses a rigged yoyo. Unfair gameplay. Stop this evil man. He only has it because hes sponsored. Not fair

1 Like