Worlds Predictions(1a)!

What are your World’s 2018 predictions for 1a (Top 8)?

Mine:
1a: 1. Evan 2. Shion 3. Gentry 4. Keiran 5. Takeshi 6. Iori 7. Polo 8. Paul

1 Like

Shion 1st, Evan 2nd, 3rd Iori :joy:

1 Like

lol shion wins everything

I see that Hiroyuki Suzuki won 1A world’s three years in a row (in the mid-2000s). Who has the longest consecutive world championship streak in 1A? Who has the most overall 1A world titles?

Him and him. He was the king of 1a. He got 1st 3 years in a row then got 2nd place the next 3 or 4 following years, had a little drop for a few years(still making finals every year though), then went all out and won again in 2012 before starting his company sOMETHING.

After 2012, he started yoyoing competitively less and started focusing more on his company, but he made finals at worlds every single year he competed, which was from like 2002-2016.

Shion is the only other multi-time 1a winner, and I think he has a good chance of matching mickey(Hiroyukis nickname) 3-peat this year.

I think Shinji Saito has the most world’s titles, followed by Rei? I’m not too sure though so don’t trust me on this…

I was only talking about 1a. In general, Shinji has the most with over 10, followed by Takeshi with 7. Then Rei who has 5 or 6. Mickey has 4, Hajime Miura has 4, Hank Freeman has 3. I think Daisuke Shimada has 3, I don’t remember exactly. Those are all the 3x+ champions I think

Historically speaking, it looks like the Japanese absolutely dominate the yoyo game. They have something like 76 first place wins, almost three times as many as the next best country (the US).