Wooden or Plastic Spinworthy Unresponsives

What is more attractive to buy from Spinworthy? Wooden or plastic unresponsives?

• Plastic
  • Wooden

0 voters

3 Likes

It’s still early, but are people more in favour of me making wooden unresponsives because there are already a lot of cheaper plastic options out there?

3 Likes

I held off on voting because I honestly don’t know. I assume the plastics will be better players, but wood is a lot more unique. The one you posted earlier today looked really good and I want it, but I’m just not looking to buy another 1A yoyo at the moment.

It’d be easier to justify buying a wooden unresponsive yoyo that played worse, regardless of the price, just because of how cool of a novelty they are. I already have great plastic yoyos, I don’t have a single wooden unresponsive.

5 Likes

I’ve played one of your wooden responsives and loved the craftsmanship and play. I also see it as a segment if the market untouched that I love.

4 Likes

Don’t people hate vibe though? Wooden unresponsives usually always have vibe, some a lot.

2 Likes

From the time I had with it it didn’t wobble, likely had a fingernail vibe but I honestly can’t remember. All I remember was that it played like the best darn wooden yoyo I have ever played. If I got one that wobbled I’d be unhappy, if I bought a production model with a playable vibe and the description said “wooden yoyos will have some vibe due to the nature of the material”, I’d see no issues.

I can PayPal you $85 right now if you’d like to make one that coincides with what you’d have in mind. I’d be more than happy to review it. (If that is not a fair price, I understand and politely bow out.). I live in the states.

2 Likes

I appreciate it, but I’d need to charge more than that. Sometimes it takes multiple tries to get them right due to excessive vibe.

3 Likes

Eric Wolff made plenty of unresponsive wood throws and people were obsessed to get them.

There’s been a couple different wood freehands back in the day and those were loved even with vibe.

2 Likes

More than understandable, feel free to message me with a cost at your leisure if you are willing and I’ll know how much to get together. Thank you again.

For anyone curious, buy one if this becomes a reality, ASAP.

4 Likes

Well I’m going to need to make some if that what people actually want.

3 Likes

For those unfamiliar with the stuff Eric put out, here’s some examples. He never had trouble selling from what I saw.

It was fun seeing famous recreations in wood but originals are cool as well.

3 Likes

These are very nice!

1 Like

Oh I’m sorry about that! I have a couple of plastic unresponsives available. PM me if you’re interested.

6 Likes

The woods are all pieces of art. The plastics (still excellent) I’m less afraid to edc and actually use knowing it’ll take some work to mess them up.

3 Likes

I would be very interested in a quality wooden responsive. I understand the vibe issue and wouldn’t mind paying a quality price.

Jeff

2 Likes

Thanks for the link, I’m pretty new to throwing and I’d never seen wooden yoyos like that. I’ve limited the high end of my spending on metal throws because I don’t think you get much more for the extra money. I would easily spend twice as much for a wooden throw like those shown from Eric Wolff. Those things just make me wanna touch em!

1 Like

I think people would be willing to pay more for wood even if it’s not as smooth as plastic.

6 Likes

Yeah, I’m really wanting a wooden unresponsive now, you planted the seed and the tree has grown and is ready to be chopped up into a yoyo.

Definitely let us know a rough cost if this becomes a go.

4 Likes

We’re talking about $120 shipped.

3 Likes

Thank you for a number and if time permits, please indulge in the below at your leisure.

What type of wood would be used, and would their be options at the 120 range?

Will the wood be finished similar to the Eric Wolfe yoyos and if so, roughly similar quality based on what is able to be extrapolated from a photo? Basically, shiny like a no jive or lightly stained to treat the wood.

Would the weight be between 60 and 70 grams and have Onedrop Cabal guts still or are you thinking of going another direction?

3 Likes