Wooden Yoyo Recommendations

My yoyo heart lies definitely with wooden yoyos. I am always searching for new ones. Does anyone have any recommendations or leads? Thanks.

3 Likes

Yep. Reach out to @Glenacius_K

Everything he touches is gold

1 Like

I’m going to make another wooden unresponsive today.

2 Likes

I am seriously interested in having both a responsive and unresponsive from you.

3 Likes

Thanks. Message sent. We have been in touch before.

1 Like

There’s a few folks who have been making some wood stuff recently, I bet the will pop out of the wood work

1 Like

Extremely excited to see it

1 Like

Will make it out or either maple or purpleheart. Not sure yet.

2 Likes

This is tough.

“Good” wood fixies are Hand Crafted and not readily available.

Glen with Spinworthy has been mentioned, Current Gold Standard in this area.

Check out Jon Gates and Wildwood.

Watch BST for TMBR, BC and Tom Kuhn’s, among others that are currently out of production.

1 Like

I have a Gates OHM and am working on an OGOM. I have a Wildwood and will gladly go for another when one becomes available. I have a BC Rainbow. No Tom Kuhn woodie yet.

Would you have any idea what this is? Responsive. I boght from someone here. but have no idea who made it.

1 Like

@gatesyoyo on insta is doing great things

Thanks. I have an OHM and am working on an OG-OM. You are correct.

1 Like

Does that have brass starburst if so I think it’s a boyz woodworking throw

1 Like

It does! For me , it plays like a dream.

Ya it looks like one of those! Always wondered how they play, they definitely look pretty. I have a pizza cutter from him, it’s really nice!

2 Likes

I have one. They play very unique. Powerful with snappy returns.

2 Likes

I had to add a turbo disk to mine to get it to play consistent but it plays great

Funny, I was just going to post this link and ask if anyone had ever played them. Some really cool looking stuff in his gallery. Looks like his shop is closed for a bit though.

https://www.boisewoodworks.com/yoyos

1 Like

Ohhh neat I didn’t know they had a gallery up. They have been on a break for a bit though

1 Like

Would you know if this is a Rob Cooley Yoyo?

2 Likes