Wood is Good

Here’s the newest batch of “Prop” yo-yos spinning off my lathe…propellers spin while the yo-yo spins, made from European Birch wood.

1 Like

This needs a BUMP!!!

Has someone made a flying yoyo with the propellers? How AWESOME would that be?? Omg…

about 80% wood (the other 20% werrd lol)

1 Like

Ed, my wife comes downstairs while I’m watching that video, a bit concerned at me saying fake-disgustedly at my monitor, “that’s stupid. What a stupid ridiculous trick” (not knowing it was fake-disgusted just yet) and then laughing when she saw what I was watching.

She’s been watching me trying the ramp repeater for days, with plenty of “ow, ow, ow” as the soundtrack… so she knew full well that my fake disgust was actually impressed admiration. Haha!

Ed, or anyone else: how do you do the bidirectional sidewinder… like… at all? As soon as I try to swap sides (going fast, of course), the string feeds a bit too much into the gap and the yoyo returns instead of doing sidewindery stuff.

It’s a weird feel thing for sure. I don’t have an easy answer. Might be easier to try Alien Abduction first (UFO with your hand above and then below the yoyo) to help get the feeling. I find it way easier to start on the left (my freehand) side and pull it way out to the side at first as opposed to right next to the yoyo. And then, yea I go reeally fast. You could even do a triple if you’re reeeeeeeeeaaallly fast.

1 Like

Just curious if anybody prefers imperial shaped fixies over butterfy?
I’m not much of a looper, but I get a kick out of trying :slight_smile: I am considering making a small batch of imperial shaped fixies.

Wood is good…for making yo-yo stands too:

http://yoyospin.com/pic1/stand_3a.jpg

Love those stands :slight_smile:

Don’t worry 'bout a thing ;D
3LB ed. Pocket Loves

1 Like

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ 0:

Nyyyyyysche!

3" diameter

Ooooh, I like

Can hardly wait to get mine!!

Everyone here throwing their wood fixies with Cotton String?? Any breakage issues with Cotton or Poly?!

Wooden fixies-- cotton all the way! Some people use 50/50. Poly or Nylon are probably bad ideas.

i use either thick cotton (type 10) or slick 8.
a huge part of playing fixed axle is finding set-ups that you find reliable and which you really “get”. one well-rounded yo-yo/string combination is enough. you just have to experiment with equipment and find what really fits you and the kind of play you want to do.

New wood…all one-of-a-kind, never to be reproduced - enjoy:

New Once Upon A Tree Coming Soon!!!

Spotted this on Voodama’s FB page:

[size=10pt][i]"3 new shapes coming up:

Cheap Thrills- a great perfoming yoyo with that comfortable classic butterfly profile

Free Spirit-a heafty, oversized 3" diameter non-conformist that doesn’t care what the other yoyos are saying about it

Acorn-a swift little moon-shootin’ looper with a secret passion for stalls

These will be available at yoyoexpert early next month; images will be posted soon;)"[/i][/size]

I am hanging out for these to drop…

:o Those purple ones! :o

I love the wording!