Will yoyoexpert ever release its own line of yo-yos?

@AndreBoulay I might be asking a dumb question, but has, does, or will yoyoexpert come out with it’s own line of throws??

1 Like

Definitely not a dumb question. :blush:

It is definitely something we have considered many times. I do have plans to reimagine Dark Magic and that is underway… :ok_hand:

Along with that I would not be surprised to see some more specific models in the future with more direct influence from our side.

But I have always tried to support the current manufacturers that are already making yoyos first. We could make our own models but I have always thought it’s important that we take care of the people who are already doing that and who are also supporting events, sponsoring players, and helping build the community along with us.

It takes a lot to keep this community growing and the more people that can be involved the better in my opinion.

14 Likes

Very nice. I think its a fun idea. Many awesome companies exist already and I agree whole heartedly about supporting and taking care of them and the community. The designs that yye could think up is what intrigues me the most.

3 Likes

Hmm. :shushing_face::open_mouth::sunglasses::fire:

6 Likes

:hushed::hushed::hushed::point_up: the G2 expert

3 Likes

Kind of like the blade of yoyos, all of their strengths non of their weaknesses. Lol, I’m a nerd.

3 Likes

I know what you be meaning - like a Swiss Army Knife only without the pullouts you don’t want.

3 Likes

:scream_cat::+1:

6 Likes

I’d love to see a re-imagining of the DM. It was my first unresponsive throw and when I was trying to decide what modern yoyo to buy to get me going into unresponsive 1A, the DM2 was always at the top of the list as the best gateway or mid range yoyo on the market. It just seems like too good of a design to just leave in the past, so I’m glad to hear you’re thinking of reviving it.

I saw the prototype of the DM’s 3rd generation that was listed on eBay when the YYJ factory archives were being cleared out. I wanted it, but it went way out of my reach at auction. Before the factory closed, I even figured YYJ would do a DM3 made with celcon plastic. It kind of seemed inevitable at the time. I’ll be curious to see what happens!

3 Likes

oooo pics?

3 Likes

Sorry, I don’t have any. As I said, I couldn’t afford it, but I didn’t copy any of the pictures either. You might be able to find a picture of it with a google search, though.

3 Likes

Wish I had a DMII to mess around with for nostalgic purposes. I had 3 and a DM1 too at one point. Man, I remember that was the yoyo to have back in the day, even more so than the Shutter now.

1 Like

I thought millenials had figured out something the previous generations never did: Everything eventually becomes collectible. Never get rid of anything!

2 Likes

Yup, I still wish I had all my pokemon cards, and my hot wheels collection. Js

2 Likes

Is it this one?

I can’t find much / any info on Dark Magic 3 (or III) prototypes out there.

2 Likes

No, but I do have that one. After missing the DM3 proto I wasn’t going to let that one slip by, haha! That’s a very nice yoyo, by the way, and in my opinion, it performs very well. It was going to be a part of the XLR8 line. As nice as it is, I imagine it was pretty close to its final form. I don’t have an XLR8 to compare it to, sadly, but in general, the only drawback I would say it has is that because the metal is focused near the center, it loses a little bit of its spin time. I still haven’t mastered finger spins, but the fact that it doesn’t have a name other than the embossed “YoyoJam” logo means the hubs are very smooth, so it should be good for doing fingerspin tricks too. I would recommend it if you haven’t got one.

The DM3 prototype I’m thinking of was listed, I think, a couple of years ago, following YYJ closing its doors. She was doing a massive liquidation of the archives. The 3rd generation DM prototype was blue as I recall, and had the diamond-ish marks on the celcon body similar to the Inspire, but it kept that 90-degree angle in the profile like all of the other yoyos in the DM line.

2 Likes

This is the DM3 proto I saw. The pictures are on Worthpoint.

10 Likes

Seeing how most of my yoyo purchases are from yoyoexpert I would definitely like to see one. And a DM revamp would be awesome to.

2 Likes

Aahhhh awesome. Thank you for finding and posting that! Maybe a sneak preview of what’s coming in secret, then? :wink:

2 Likes

Wow, that thing’s got a lot of metal on it…

1 Like