Why so few yoyo girls?

Updated with a list.

i like it but your missing a few

Betty Gallegos. i think shes a YYF protege from Mexico
Ekaterina Lā€™gotina shes on the ILYY team
Ewelina Wejner on the caribou lodge team
Aneta Hanzalovaā€™ - on the c3yoyodesgin team
Lilia Markham- used to be on team SPPY

here is the most of the rest known yo yo girls on teams i believe there are more but i have already done enough Google searching for now and Iā€™m too lazy.

Up to 20!

Umm, Nuu Gatowsky and Ewelina Wejner are the same person.

Fixed- wre at 19 now. Why does she have 2 names?

no I think ones a nickname due to mispronunciation.

Sorry if any of these are already on the list but there is Viktoria Takbulatova from Turning Point, Julia Gutowska, Kahli Evans from Werrd, Selinsu Varol, Adriana Pailova, Sydney Goldman, Emma Ochman, and Liqi Seven Yuan, and Ana Paola.

I just want to point out that not all the ladies that yoyo are going to be on the forums, making videos, or competing. Especially if you consider someone like me who is horrible at yoyo a yoyoer.

yeah i realize that too but its hard to track down yoyo teams from companies like turning point and such.

Thereā€™s a lot to add to this thread from a sociology and psychology standpoint, but the information given would definitely be verbose, and to some, just all around mundane.

However Iā€™m curious about this list. Is this a list of well-known yoyoers, is there any relevancy when it comes to chronology, or just anyone we can name? Iā€™m asking this because if you consider any female interested in yoyoing regardless of skill level, your list would forever be incomplete.

When I think of female yoyoers two people come to mind. One being Ann Connolly only because weā€™ve spoken a bit years ago. However the person who comes to mind who I have absolutely no affiliation with (unbiased) is Jennifer Baybrook.

In my opinion Jennifer is quite possibly one of the most iconic female yoyoers. Feminine, pretty, first female ever to win a world yoyo contest, and celebrity are just 4 things out of her vastly expansive rƩsumƩ.

I know the first two descriptions are purely superficial, but are just my reasonings, albeit subjective ones, for Jennifer being someone that comes to mind when discussing female yoyoers.

1 Like

This is a very good point. It appeared to me that the list was of all known female yoyoers, so that was what I added.

So crococorey, what are the requirements for this list exactly?

i think its anyone we can name or at least female yoyoyers on a popular yoyo team like c3 or something

Pretty much all girl yoyo players I could think of/ posted in this thread/ forumn yoyo girls.

Kat- Youā€™re right. It would be impossible to track down ALL girl yoyo players. Iā€™m just trying to make a list of the ones that people know of and forumn members and such.

Andres wife- Devon Boulay

you can add ā€œSketchMan3ā€™s kid-sisterā€ to the list :slight_smile:

Done haha

shes already added.

He knows. He was just telling me her name. On he list I put ā€œandres wifeā€ but i changed it to her real name.

I am curious on what girls think when they go to contests or clubs and there are none or just one other girl there. Any thoughts or experiences from the other girls on here would be great.

I am generally not much of a people person and adding that together with a lack of yoyo skills, well letā€™s just say Iā€™m outside the norm.

i was the only single girl at VA states last year didnā€™t intimidate me or anything i saw one of my friends from a yo yo club that i go to so i was happy. that and i got 2 free yoyos out of it just because of that reason ;D