Why so few yoyo girls?

yeah cause before see was gambinogirl14

Hai there

Bu-Ko!

and donā€™t forget Mimi thain I sheā€™s in that general area.

Iā€™m a girl, not sure if I really count as a yoyoer though. A lot of people sort of assume that every one on here is a guy, I feel like there are more girls hiding out then you think.

This oneā€™s a bit more updated. Pair the two together and there is lots of information to look through.

well with the girls hiding out is working to an extent just not for me.

I tend to have more male dominated hobbies overall. But, they tend to be things I can do by myself too. So, yo-yo is not something where I feel I have to ā€œfit inā€ with the majority. It doesnā€™t really matter if I fit in or not, because I can do this by myself anyway.

I have always seen yo-yos marketed as more of a ā€œboy toy.ā€ Some girls and women may just think itā€™s not for them because it seemed marketed in such a way years ago. That was when I was young. I see more female images depicted with yo-yos now. I took note that when YoyoExpert had the artwork done on their van, and background stage display thingies, there is often a female depicted in those images. Also, there is a trading card with a female cartoon character doing a trick. It is those subtle things that I never saw as a kid. Now, I think things are changing a lot more, which is really cool.

Also, I think yo-yoing can be rough at times. Iā€™ve taken a shot between the eyes, hit myself in the chest and stuff. When I was learning responsive, a DMII snapped back and broke 4 of my fingernails in one shot. Not everyone, male or female, is into something that might snap back and smack you. So the majority of people in general are not into yo-yos, but far less women still.

When I was a kid, I could play dolls with my girl friends, and then go hang with my boy cousins and play with their Hot Wheels, or basketball, or action figures. I always approached things from the angle ofā€¦if it looks fun, Iā€™ll try it. As an adult, I tend to hang with guys a bit more overall now. My female friends dropped their dolls, of course, and now some have kids instead (live dolls), so they are playing the same game as long ago. I reached a point where I knew live dolls would not be fun for meā€¦so I passed. :smiley: I enjoyed those fake ones back in the day. They have the ones where they appear to be actually crying and eating and wetting themselves. I didnā€™t want that game to become reality thoughā€¦yikes! :smiley:

I dont have a cell phone or instagram or facebook,twitter ,vine either its nice to know Im not alone

In away Im glad I dont have any of those things because then Im not glued to a screen all the time(except when Im checking YYE)

yah I can see why.

Well how would we know if people are girls when their username and avatar does not indicate to it? lol but yes I admire the girls that are willing to try yoyo, and most I have seen are really good! So props to you girl yoyo-ers out there :smiley:

Yup

I feel like you hit the nail on the head. I smacked my self in the face learning dizzy baby and for a while snap starting a responsive scared me half to death.
I let a friend try to sleep my Duncan Mosquito and she freaked out when it almost tapped her in the knee. Now before you say anything she rides horses and from what I hear they can be kind of rough.

Check out the #yoyodamage tag on Instagram, some gnarly stuff. Yoyos can be nasty some timesā€¦mouth shots are the worst.

Actually she hit herself in the head.

I did in fact hit myself in the mouth. At first I thought that my lip was split, but I was lucky and there was no damage to me or the yoyo. I was sooo glad that I got a plastic instead of a metal.

I have braces so any hit really I start bleeding and a lot of the time I have to pull my lip off of my braces cause theyā€™re like embedded

yeah braces are the worst but lucky for me I have never hit myself in the mouth. ;D

Ouch! Braces are horrible, but (and Iā€™m sure you have heard this a million times) youā€™ll like your smile better afterwards.

I had braces for like 2 years in my early 20s. It was a crossbite, so it was a bite issue, not a cosmetic one. But, I canā€™t imagine getting a yo-yo hit to the face with those in. Ouch.

Im so glad my teeth are nice and strait so I dont have to have braces