Why no big-O shape bi-metals?

There are some bubble shape bi-metals, like the YYR Anomaly, Sputnik, and less so the CLYW Gorge. But among the many different designs, shapes like the Markmont, or Grail, are rare.

The smashing Monocle Spectacle is one of the exceptions. But this is true, pure organic bimetals are kinda rare.

1 Like

I love yoyos like the Markmont Classic or Peak that are very large O-Shapes. So as some might say “Classic Shapes”. But ever since the popularization of bi-metals, they all went more “Modern” and angular.

1 Like

There is also the O Ting but it is titanium rings on POM.

The Gorge is an organic bimetal but it is a high walls throwback (albeit quite large for a throwback!)

1 Like

Moderate Sized O-Shape, Smashing Spectacle
Small / Undersized O-Shape, G2 Case File 003

I think we don’t see many O-shaped bi-metals because they (bi-metals) seem to be more geared toward competitive throwing.

I def wish that there were more classy O-shaped bi-metals out there.

1 Like

@Oldthrower3000 previously suggested Mythril Monolith or Yoyorecreation Anomaly but I am not super convinced these are really organics in the truest sense.

2 Likes

I’m a big fan of organics, not so much of bi-metals. Two others I can think of, though neither have a pure organic MMC-style shape, are the YYO Rave and the original Duncan Haymaker.

I suppose organic shapes, and especially a pure organic shape, are rarer on bi-metals because bi-metals are generally all about performance whilst organics are about feel and comfort.

3 Likes

It’s small but the sOMETHING SLASHER is a real nice semi-O bimetal. It’s not a full O but it’s pretty close.

2 Likes

Looking at the profile of the Rave, that’s definitely not an organic though.

The Haymaker X is really crazy, the massive bimetal rim extends beyond the edge a LOT.

3 Likes

So you mean why are there not more yoyos like the CLYW Gorge??? One of the most underrated yoyos of the past 5 years? It’s as organic shaped as they come. Never heard of a “bubble” shape.

4 Likes

I mean, the previous listed are the only or most organic among all bi-metals. I’m wondering why O shape bi-metals are so rare

With this knowlage… I ask, Is a Pure organic something the community would want more of? What about bi-metals?

3 Likes

Yes, a lot of players really love organic… maybe a little too much in my opinion … :wink:

4 Likes

“With this knowlage… I ask, Is a Pure organic something the community would want more of? What about bi-metals?”

Not sure how you quote in this new forum, lots of non intuitive features now :confused:

I’d follow up that question with, what would be offered in another Organic that hasn’t been done? There are so many, hundreds, of pure organic yoyos out there. A lot of rehashing ideas these days, or straight up copying someone else’s design.

1 Like

Highlight the text you want to quote and a little “Quote” box will popup. Click on that and it will automatically paste the quote into your reply.

2 Likes

Thanks Garrett!

Would’ve just said “Thanks!” But posts have to be a minimum 10 characters…

2 Likes

There’s a feature for that, too… push the :heart: button on the post and save your typing fingers :wink:

3 Likes

I like typing and saying things to people, instead of always using a “heart” or like feature.

4 Likes

okay  

2 Likes

Not sure how you got around the 10 character feature other than you were the one to design the software. But most modern forums did away with the minimum character thing a while back.

2 Likes

Is there any particular advantage to the O shape other than hand comfort?

2 Likes