Why I like yoyoing?

I don’t know why I like yoyoing.
I mean, I’m just putting a string on a round thingy and throw it down, do some movement, and then catch.
I mean, what’s the point doing this anyway?
For fun? what is “fun”? to get inner peace? Why “fun” or “getting inner peace” makes me like it?
I have yet find the answer…

Not sure if negative…

Or just deeply insightful.

I think I think too much about it… lol
But seriously, it’s like, there is no explanation why we keep doing this, and probably nobody can explain why, other than the usual “fun” or “stress relieving” thing people always talk about.

If I didn’t enjoy this, I wouldn’t do this. I don’t want to sound selfish, but if I wasn’t having fun, I’d have moved on a long time ago. I don’t have time for stuff I don’t enjoy.

It’s “my time”.

The reason I like yoyoing is because… it’s fun and also because it impresses people

it’s something to do when there’s nothing to do. :smiley:

I think I enjoy it because yoyoing uses a different part of my brain than what I use all day at work. I sit in an office for 8-10 hours a day, staring at a computer screens full of numbers. Throwing a yoyo is just about the complete opposite thing I could do.

1 Like

Im good at it. Have met many people doing it. All and all, I’M GOOD AT IT.

It’s a creative outlet, and skill toys are great for that.

Some people deposit their creativity on a canvas, or in music, etc… Mine tends to go towards things like yoyo’ing and minecraft lolol. Everyone needs something to stimulate their creative side.

Plus it’s so damn unique and cool, nothing like it.

I occasionally use it to pick up ladies at the club :slight_smile:

-it’s different
-I think it looks cool
-it’s very relaxing
-it’s a good distraction from the world
-it makes starting conversations easier
-everybody eventually develops their own style of tricks so nobody is the same.
-yoyos look cool

I like it
Its fun
Its creative
I love to modify things
I like spinny things

:smiley:

OMG BECAUSSSSEEE ITT SPINS!!!11!!

kidding. I love that there’s an amazing community behind it, its really a unique skill, it impresses people, the satisfaction of landing a ridiculous trick (quad hook), everything. :slight_smile:

The community! Haha! Yes the yoyo got me here but everyone else got me to stay. I would be progressing at a much slower pace and probably be buying stuff I dont need or bad throws.

The community is the most important part of any hobby IMO whether it be video games, sports and if course our beloved skill toys! Cheers to everyone here (that isn’t a troll

I do this to bring joy to others. My grandparents and parents love to watch me yoyo. My friends also enjoy watching me. I just love to bring a smile to the faces of people watching. It is also a great time filler. I think the reason it may never get answered is because we all have our different reasons.

joy is a chemical in the brain which is analysed by understanding code cell structure. Any aspect of yo-yoing could trigger joy I.E.: sense of accomplishment, wasting time, doing something productive with your time, etc., etc. All these make your brain “like” it so you continue to yo-yo.

interesting that this just came up…

http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,51901.0.html  ;D

I like it because it is skill based and having a better yoyo would not mean you are a better player.

It is a relatively cheap hobby.

It can be done almost anywhere.

It doesn’t require batteries/electricity or it doesn’t need to be charged.

Very, very, very, fun.

Time and effort spent is really rewarding.

It relieves me of stress.

Them jojos are very B-E-A-Utiful!

Gives me a collection.

My grandmother enjoys watching me.

Makes a good conversation.

And some other stuff that I can’t remember :slight_smile:

It’s challenging. That’s why I like it.