Why don’t they make more YoYos similar to the one drop Dingo anymore?

I really like the size and shape. It just has a very fun basic shape and is real easy to forget you even have in your pocket. It seems theirs a lot of undersized with competitive shapes but no “fun” small YoYos anymore. One drop hasn’t made one like it again and this came out in 09’ :confused: .

3 Likes

Next to x con and pickaxe

1 Like

I was gonna type about how the market has shifted generally towards more competition friendly yoyos blah blah but everyone knows that so all im gonna say is
Sign me up for a new run of dingos. Looks fun.
Onedrop’s been doing a 7075 refresh for a bunch of old models. Lets hope we get a dingo.

8 Likes

That would make the year better for sure! It’s easily one of my favorite throws and the only way I got one was BST years ago. Still sad the market has less room for fun throws… seems like organic are making a bit of a comeback tho at least!

5 Likes

Yeah a ton of amazing organics have come out this past 12 months!

6 Likes

Doc Pop Executive is like an updated and rounded Dingo and the OD Clique is legit.

12 Likes

I’ve never thrown the Dingo, so I don’t know how similar the playstyle is, but have you checked out the RCS Ducc v1? It’s a fun, under-sized yoyo, seems like it might fit your criteria.

Also, the ZipLine Ist. Though the shape is a bit different, and it’s not in stock right now.

2 Likes

the dingo is much smaller than those at like 46mm diameter. The executive comes the closest I think.

4 Likes

What about the clique?

4 Likes

Next yoyo from me is going to be pocket sized. Competition but still some fun.

7 Likes

Yes indeed…TRY THE CLIQUE!!!

5 Likes

It’s a bit too spendy but the Alpina Slimline XP47 definitely fits this bill. It’s even more pocket friendly.

2 Likes

A bit too spendy is definitely one way to describe it! And not many made so never in stock!

3 Likes

The od cannon flat rim that is coming seems like it might also fall into that realm.
Not sure if it’s going to be a semi responsive like the deep state, but I’m pretty sure it’s undersized

3 Likes

I love my Dingo! It’s like a mini slimline. The Executive is also very solid,very pocket friendly.

1 Like

There, fixed that for ya. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good call :grin::grin:

You might want to look over this list: https://www.reddit.com/r/Throwers/comments/kndais/2020_mini_yoyo_roundup_and_buyers_guide/

5 Likes

Dang more out there than I thought… def will keep eyes open on BST for some of these you named off. Still feel like most of them are bigger and more competitive than the dingo though. Really feeling like the dingo design is unique everything’s bigger or smaller or more competitive

YYF released the Steel Shutter a few months back. It’s really close to the Dingo in size and weight (but not shape obviously).

2 Likes