Does anyone here have an OD Dingo?

I think this is the right category for this question. Does anyone here own a one drop dingo? The little pocket size yoyo? How does that thing play? It looks so cute, I’d love to try one.

I personally feel a lot of the undersized yo-yos kinda play more similarly than their bigger brothers do, by dint of being … small. That is to say, I’d start with a commonly available popular undersized throw, and see how you feel about that before branching out to rarities.

@batracTheLooper is expert in this stuff and recommends the 2017 popstar if you can find one, it is by far best value for the dollar. I have a b-grade I got in that b-grade yyf sale and I concur that it is quite solid.

1 Like

I own one now and have owned others. As far minis go it’s not the greatest. If you want something small and very pocket friendly from One Drop seek out an M1. The 66% Slepnier and YYF Heist are good choices as well.

2 Likes

Woah, you weren’t kidding. This guy knows undersized yoyos

1 Like

What’s not to like about it?

It’s not real stable in my opinion. Goes off axis faster than other yoyos.

1 Like

It’s great for what it is. Better than a pocket rocket and mighty flea but it won’t replace your full sized throw.

3 Likes

I prefer the dingo over the pop star

2 Likes

Get an Executive.

They’re so expensive though!

1 Like

Only a few dollars more than a dingo was to begin with. The point being you can buy Executives, dingo’s not so much.

2 Likes

I dunno I would be careful here. I really disliked the executive. Undersized is more risky — all modern sized yo-yos are basically good, but I have not found that to be the case with undersized.

1 Like

Well, that’s kind of the point of buying an undersized yoyo. It’s not supposed to play like a bigger yo-yo. Either way, I probably won’t be able to get one any time soon. I was just curious to see if anyone here had one and was willing to share what it played like. I’m sure I could find a dingo if I really wanted to, I’ve already had a couple of people offer to sell me one. Just not sure I’m ready to pull the trigger on that right now. I wish I could just find somebody that owned one and would let me play it for a little bit, but I don’t think it works like that.

Undersized yoyos are much more “opinionated” than full-size. I’d strongly recommend trying out what you can first, if you can.

Full size yo-yos are all quite good, I can think of like… two… that I’ve actively disliked, and one of them is the Nine Dragons which no actual human can like :wink:

1 Like

What’s the other one? Lol

DV888. Really really terrible. Also technically undersized now that I think about it… so the Sidekick Pro if that’s ruled out as undersized :wink:

2 Likes

I apparently sold my Dingo at some point in the past, but as far as pocket throws (I consider it to be smaller than “undersized”) go, I liked it. It behaved well, didn’t feel like a rock attached to a string, and had decent sleep time and stability. But still, if I was going to carry a yo-yo, I’d just deal with a few more mm and go with something more versatile. I was gonna say something more playable, but I feel like that would be a bit of a knock on the Dingo. It’s certainly very playable, I’m just not crazy about pocket throws. I usually have one on hand “just in case” but it doesn’t look like I do right now. Time to restart the search :thinking:

3 Likes

I feel like people looking into undersized should start with TopYo Photon… or Popstar 2017 but I read on reddit from @yyfben2.deactivated that the vendor was problematic for those, too many bad ones and b-grades.

1 Like

Well, I own a Magic yoyo Avocado (52mm diameter) and its pretty chill. It’s undersized, but it’s nowhere near miniature.

I’m kind of an OD fanboy, and would honestly like to own a Dingo just for the sake of owning it. To play it would be a secondary benefit

1 Like

Campfire is by far the best undersized

2 Likes