Why do you like you favorite yoyo?

my favorite yoyo is the orbital gtx because of it’s acceleration curve, it can get to a reasonably high speed very quickly.

3 Likes

G2 Titanium Albatross, it just seems to perfectly fit my sizing, play, and feel characteristics perfectly. super comfy shape, very nice balance of float, power, and stability, and binds just SNAP and come back strong every time.

5 Likes

for play is hspin pyro.
heavyweight (71.7g) and organic enough to satisfy my strange yoyo taste/leaving my finger without blood circulation and looking like a purple balloon of 1 square meter with half hour of play

3 Likes

I don’t have the collection others have. Right now my favorite for a little while now is my Retic Death Adder V2.

I just love how it feels when it locks in while finger spinning. I have more success doing the DNA on my YYF IQ, but just really enjoy finger spinning the Death Adder.

2 Likes

There is nothing wrong with having less yoyos as long as you’re enjoying the yo-yos you have. Death Adder V2 is a baller throw!

6 Likes

I have three yoyos I consider to be my favorite:

Free Solo is probably my #1 all time favorite though. No yoyo I own has had the “staying power” the Free Solo has had. Ever since I copped one in 2020, it has been a mainstay in my case and has never left my throwtation, while many others have come and gone. It’s without a doubt a “go to” whether I’m throwing at home or out and about. It’s comfy, it’s a fantastically dependable performer and just feels like home to me. Not to mention, it’s travelled all over with me, even internationally so I have awesome memories associated with it too.

GTR-JS is my favorite yoyo from a performance standpoint however. It’s a machine and if I were a competitor, I have no doubts I would be using this on stage. Feels great in the hand unlike some other bi metals I’ve had/own, spins forever and is stability city.

Panorama is my favorite “fun” chill throw. It’s a yoyo I own more of than any other (minus FH1s) and it’s the perfect pocket throw IMO. @sakatuca really created a modern classic and it just has a superior feel to every other slimline/similar yoyo I’ve used.

11 Likes

I hope the panorama is still on pay it forward by the time I get a feedback or a year ha. I really been wanting to see what all the hype is about. Might just buy one soon.

I can never decide what my favorite yoyo is. I know which is the best in terms of playability and then a few that are alot of fun that. One that fits a good balance in-between fun and strong play is my good life valley.

2 Likes

Brass Arbiter X from G2. I wasn’t big on the regular arbiter but this just hits everything i want in a yoyo.

2 Likes

A quick search of the website already shows a bunch of responses for this very topic

2 Likes

Really? I haven’t seen any other thread topics that said: Why is your favorite yoyo?

3 Likes

I agree on that awesome shape

Tough one for me … hinemosu takes my top throw just a bit more then the gtr ( which is duncans best throw i think we agree now lol)

First Al/SS bimetal I saw advertised in English thanks to YYJ patents. Went through hell to get it stateside without Paypal. Undersized as I like it, takes stacks, smooth as butter, and despite my crap phone camera it’s pretty.

R.I.P. Werrd.

7 Likes

@KiLbUcK

You don’t have to narrow the search like that. Just search favorite yoyo. It’s been done plenty of times

Hydrangea magnoli, clyw beater, dressel designs emotion, and the dunk rebound

I have two yoyos tied for my favorite. DD Assassin and JB Dunk Rebound.

7 Likes

it was originally: why is your favorite yoyo your favorite?

2 Likes

I haven’t thrown many yet, but so far I love my Lævateinn. I’m also a big fan of the Silenus and Panorama, both of which I was fortunate enough to try through various Pay it Forward threads.

3 Likes

Public apology: I thought the OP made a mistake in the topic title so I fixed it yesterday and now after it’s been fixed back to what it was I realize I just read to fast before I changed it. Pretty embarassing for me. I sent an apology PM.

For me, my Top Deck. Some people do not care for it but for me, on days (and there are many) when my throwing is just not on point, I go to my Top Deck which seems intuitive and meets me halfway. The K.O. is a bimetal that produces the same kind of results for me. Forgiveness…what I crave in a yoyo.

4 Likes

My favorite yoyo changes frequently. It’s just what I’m in the mood for.

I’ve been grabbing between the End 2 and Overture lately.

The Overture is profoundly organic, and plays like a slightly bigger Peak. I just love the thing.

The End 2 is that mid school vibe (which was my first love), brought into the modern era. She is the girl I fell in love with, that has grown in so many ways, just as I have, all for the better.

5 Likes