Why do we care?

Why do we care if yoyos are made in China? Yoyofactory moved to China for cheaper production, shouldn’t we be happy? I mean, the 888x is only 99$. Check how much the versions in the us cost. I know people don’t like the fact that the 888x is made in China because of Aoda and Auldey but those Yoyofactory and Auldey and Aoda are completely different companies. YYFBen himself said that the yoyos are made the same way they would be in the us. So why do we care?

I guess maybe because YYF is a U.S. company and people don’t want to see it go bad.

But you have a very good point. If they still make the yoyos just as good as before then I don’t see a reason why their moving to China is bad either.

~Jump ;D

They’re cheaper to buy. What? Do people want to waste their money?

I think it is more a patriotic type thing, during this recession Americans generally speaking would prefer to invest money in well… America not China. That is the main reason behind this thought process imo.

Actually, most people were worried about the quality control, not of the fact that it’s not in America.

Because im not american, so i cant speak about patrotic thing. But maybe its true.
But i think, at least for the people outside us, china quality product need to proove it self.
If someone win major title with the 888x or 2010 g5, then no question would be asked.
Same way for the 4th place 2008 world for the L3.

Its what i think.

How about the fact that it costs about $1 to make a $100 yoyo in china? How about the workers there that work for almost nothing and live in deplorable conditions? How about the fact that there are no real “standards” in china? ie: lead based paint What about all the jobs that could be in the U.S that are now over in China?

I could go on and on like this but I think that you get the jist of it.

I’m not bashing china and I’m not bashing anyone that sub contracts their work to china but it’s just insane to me that your paying an incredibly inflated price for something that cost the company almost nothing! It’s like 1000% mark up!

So to sort of answer your question,… read all of that and you tell me why you should care?

I kind of find it offensive being a Chinese myself. It’s alot like saying Americans are better that the Chinese.

Most people think that the Chinese products are made with less quality because they cost so little to make. My father has had stuff made there and to his amazement it was exactly what he made himself.

Unfortunately the Chinese can make stuff much cheaper and still make money doing it. That’s why Americans use places like China and Mexico. I see no problem with it.

Exactly!!! But how is it unfortunate?

Trying to get our economy stable, we need to keep the money in the U.S.

for me, its definitly quality. China has a bad reputation for making bad products, and things made in the US are usually good quality guarenteed. I would gladly pay the extra 20 dollars for an american made product.

May I ask how old you are and where you get your information? Also most of the cars sold in the us are made in china. What now?

Me or the guy on top of your post?

We want the production here so our economy can go ^ and also China tends to not be as high of quality or have problems. At my dad’s work, they apparently have yet to get any parts in from China that are right.

Since we are in a huge debt to China, it is important that we try and help our economy, not theirs.

FOR THE RECORD I did not bash the Chinese (as a people) and as far as I can see no one has been the least bit spiteful towards China so, yoyospirit please enlighten me as to the manner of which you were offended.

And I agree, China does has an imperfect record when it comes to reliable manufacturing, HOWEVER I purchased a new 888x and it is currently my favorite yoyo, I give “China” props for making the product I use quotes because it was still an American design and was originally MADE in the USA, the factories that YYF contracted to manufacture the 888x get a standing ovation as far as I am concerned.

To make a parallel between racism and an economical decision/choice is simply asinine.

I didn’t mean it towards you.

most likely the keyboard your pounding on right now is made in china. Your going to pay more for something you have yet to even try? “well i would go to sleep but my bed is made in China.”

Why all about quality?
If i might ask something to all of you; which country, from all country in the world made best quality product? Or even worst quality product?
Despite the economy, people as consumer will buy a product with lower price and highest quality possible, and the producer will be makeing stuff with lowest cost and highest quality possible to fill people need.
Makeing yoyo on other country for that reason is logical.