Why do we care?

I’d rather pay $120 for a yo-yo made in the USA than $99 for one made in China. In my opinion, it’s better to support the economy here than to line the pockets of YoYoFactory’s management, sell more yo-yos, and ship jobs overseas. That could be your job! It’s clear we need more jobs in the USA, right?

Will the $20 extra stop someone from affording a yo-yo they could otherwise afford? Maybe. But wait a little longer, save up a little more, and it will be that much more rewarding. Consumers have choices to make; they’re often not easy, and you may not see the consequences here and now. But your neighbor might :slight_smile:

Oh I almost forgot… Rock on YoYoJam!!!

its called being smart, its so much cheaper for them to get china to make it for them, thats how so many businesses do things or else they will risk going bankrupt

Again, this is the kind of point I was making but…

Think how hard it actually is right now economically in the states. For example, I know that the company my father works for has worked out a ridiculous scheme to save money on their utility bills, they don’t run any machines during peak electric hours (during the day) when everyone else does, they only run their machines during the hours of 10pm to 5am and the electric company gives them a reduced rate for doing so. This has all of the employees working a ridiculous shift, WHY, saving money, so the company doesn’t go under. If YYF, an AMERICAN company is (and I don’t dare speak on their behalf) trying save some money to keep their heads above water, that is their decision, if some consumer disagrees with their decision to do so, said consumer doesn’t have to support the company by purchasing their product.

So, all in all, the question of the OP has been answered, can we let this thread die now?

This topic is getting out of hand.

I’d lock it but I’m not a mod. lol

well theres alot to this one :-\ you guys have made some good points. i can see both sides here.

I don’t want it too seem like I’m just gonna get the last word in then lock it, but that’s exactly what I’m going to do.

I’m neutral on the subject, btw.

YYF is gonna do what YYF thinks is best for YYF and it’s loyal customers. Like I said before, no one minds heated debates, but cultural things like this rarely end well. I know no one meant any harm.

See icthus, this is why everyone wants you as an expert, you calls 'em as you sees 'em.

Locked.

1 Like