Why did I not buy a YYf metal sooner??!?!?

personaly, I feel that the Genesis and Supernova are the best of YYF, I havent tried a Superstar, but I feel those 3 are the top players to own from the YYF line of metals…I am looking for a Superstar now.

Cheers,

Ooooooohhhhhh Now I see, I do love my Super G and ShaqlerStar ALOT!

Can’t tell if your sarcastic or not but let’s face it a genesis cost $80 bucks and a CLYW cost $150 and most other throws cost $100-$120…do the math. I’m not a yoyofactory fanboy or anything but let’s face they make awesome yoyos at awesome prices.Now i just have to say though…THROW DUNCAN ALL THE WAY!!!

Thanks for the help! A red/silver splash will be on it’s way Friday.

Every YYF metal I’ve thrown has had a very “hollow” feel to it. I mean, they’re smooth and play fine, but they just don’t have the “soul” of a CLYW or One Drop. Hard to explain, but I’ve heard others say the same thing.

Players give yo-yos soul, not manufacturers.

3 Likes

Well, maybe I’m just “soulless,” like the song you used on that SuperNova video, which is the best you guys have ever done, btw…

I have no qualms admitting that my Avant Garde (from a Mystery Box, no less!) is my most stable throw. Stability isn’t everything, but when I want that kind of forgiveness, the Avant Garde delivers!

YYF beats CLYW. sorry.

Arguing preferences is like arguing religion or politics. It takes time, emotion, and energy and changes nothing.

I like yoyos, period! (Notice, “period” was followed by an exclamation mark, confused?) :smiley:

I agree completely, sir.

2 superstars on their way to my house! XD very excited. I’ve been really impressed with yyf yoyo, I’m lookin forward to this one :slight_smile:

Yeah, I like yoyo’s too.

Since when does debating religion or politics change nothing? You might want to let the people at the United Nations know that they are just wasting their time. Without starting another argument; I think that debating politics and religion can be most rewarding. I find it is those who are poorly armed for verbal debate that shy away from these contests

I wonder what all that fuss was about in 1776?

YYF stuff may not be quite as smooth as some high end Japanese throws but as far as cost-performance ratio goes, it’s pretty damn tough to beat YYF.

Anyway, back to original question, my vote goes to the Doomsday Genesis.

Yuki

1 Like

YoyoGeezer baits the hook, dangles it in front of skitrz. Skitrz sees the bait, smells the bait, wants to bite but…swims on by. :wink:

On topic: I have a few Yoyofactories in my case as well as many other manufacturers. Variety is what I enjoy.

yo yoin’ has very lil’ to do w/ the actual yo yo…imho.

yyf makes great, consistent, well playin’ yo yos. i haven’t been around that long, but i remember when they first came out w/ the 401k. and then the g5 - and from there, the company just boomed. it seemed to me.

the ‘grind’ series was out before either of these two - but metal yo yos were still more or less a ‘novelty’ item at that time…imho. as there were so few, and plastic still dominated the marketplace.

love ‘em or not - yyf must be givin’ credit for helpin’ bring the yo yo scene to where it is today. out of obscurity and into somethin’ that has helped build a community.

more to the point of the discussion - i love the g5 w/ top tips :slight_smile:

mgodinez

cloudy…

I will take this up for a bit out of boredom. He said that arguing preference in yo-yos, is like arguing preference in religion and politics…and arguing in those contexts, changes nothing. I agree, that arguing changes nothing. When you combine actions with an argument, and have sufficient support for that argument, that “might” bring about change. But, it might not. In political context, “actions” might be drafting proposed law or policy. Even if there is ultimately a change, there are still arguments and opinions about whether the change was in fact good or bad. In other words, the debate may go on infinitely. But, I agree with YoyoGeezer, that it is fun to hear opinions other than your own, and “debate,” as long as things remain respectful. It flexes your brain muscle so to speak.

On the topic of YYF. I always enjoyed their yo-yos. I buy the entire spectrum, their higher end and lower end products. I like a brand that can appeal to all. I buy many other brands as well. YoyoGeezer wrote a review of Doomsday Genesis, and it was spot on. I love mine, and voted for it. Also fond of the recent delrin Severe.

I “like” YYF but the bearing seats are too tight. I’m afraid to try other things that aren’t YYJ. I know this is a bad thing and I’m trying to change it.

They are too tight, I agree. Luckily none of mine have been too tight for removal with some patience and a bearing removal tool.

We probably hit too tight, admitted, and rectified ;D