Why are colored Yetis up 4 sell for 80 when the black for 50 still aren't?

I won’t even start haha!

FH1 and Playmaxx/Proyo in general defined entire yoyoing eras and at this point are sought out only for their collectible value (I am Playmaxx collector, I have paid more for individual Playmaxx products than any retail price modern day metal that I own). The Yeti is effectively CLYW’s lowest quality model just by virtue of being plastic. I’m by no means saying it is bad, I’m sure it’s fantastic, I very likely would’ve paid $80 for the purple or green one yesterday if I had been able to, I will likely buy one in the future even if it’s more expensive than the black production color, but that doesn’t mean I don’t think the price is a bit high. I can’t even say it’s unjustified because I would’ve paid if it I had a chance yet they were all sold out before I even noticed they existed. The market will bare the price at the moment, and I would never think less of Chris or CLYW for the price. It’s his company and he puts in a ton of hard work, he can charge whatever he wants, the market will decide whether or not to consume his product at the price he offers it and the market seems happy to keep consuming!

For the record with people complaining about him releasing the rare/expensive colors first…I would bet that it’s more likely a person would purchase the inexpensive $40 production model just to get a Yeti then sell themselves into purchasing one of the neat expensive ones later than it is that someone would purchase the expensive one they liked best then buying the “boring” production model. Between this and the fact that there are just very few rare pieces available in general I don’t think too many people should feel hustled into buying an expensive one. You may have to wait a little before the market is flooded with production ones but they will be here eventually.

And wholeheartedly agree with Adam on white Yetis. I was mildly disappointed I missed the neat green and purple yesterday (but a bit relieved I didn’t have to blow $80 on a plastic), I will be legitimately bummed out if I miss out on white ones.