Why am I not landing my trapeze?

im not sure why but i can not land it what so ever and im doing everything tight im starting with a breakaway, putting my finger out (making sure the yoyo doesnt have to go far)

im almost positive its the yoyo the duncan mosquito and i just wanted to make sure that was the problem the metal zero 2 is on its way but will that work? is the yoyo even the problem?

please help me and lmk what you think thx

Most of the time, its because of what your doing. But in this case it could be because of the Duncan Musquito.

What I would do is just throw a breakaway and let it sit at the bottom of the string. Then put your finger as close to yoyo as you can (without touching the yoyo) and swing the yoyo like a pendualum (spelling?). Once you do this just keep practicing and try to land the trapeze.

And yes… it should be easier to land a trapeze with your new metal zero.

Hope this helped and GOOD LUCK! :wink:

run your finger a little along the string towards the yoyo as it gets ready to flip over. This will help it land straighter

Well, with practice you can land a trapeze on any yoyo so it isn’t the yoyo and I don’t think another yoyo will help much. What I did when I started learning trapeze was let the yoyo sit dead on the end of the string and do the trapeze motion making your yoyo flip over. If you see the string move from hitting the yoyo 4 out of 5 times you should be able to land it.

You guys had good strategies for this. I just took out my Black Mamba and tried over and over and over again for 5 hours straight one night. Now I can do trapeze 9/10 times with an imperial.

Its almost never the yoyo. Doesn’t even matter what the problem. I did say almost.

I can do just about anything with a mosquito. Just do what psin said. The closer to your finger the yoyo lands the easier it will be.

Try landing as close to your non-throwhand finger as possible and yes you will land it better on metal zero but practice and good luck! :slight_smile:

when you get your finger int he way of the string, statr it out a little more to the middle of the string, and slide your finger coser to the yoyo. its a slight movement.