Who's going to NATIONALS?

I believe the writing section is optional now

2 Likes

The writing section is such a scam. I’m glad more colleges aren’t requiring it anymore.

2 Likes

They have a writing section at nationals? Yo-yoing has changed, man.

9 Likes

I’m excited to see everyone at nationals! I’ve never been. I’m bringing my non-yoyoing fiance, so everyone be nice.

7 Likes

Every finalist has to write a dissertation on yo-yo theory.

8 Likes

I think this year they are focusing on bind theory and what defines a yoyo as being H shaped.

6 Likes

I’d like to go, but they are not selling any more advance tickets on the website, only “space available” tickets at the door. Not going to drive 2 hours and then be stuck outside…

2 Likes

Graeme Stellar announcement before finals:
“We will now begin the 1A division finals. Your task is to write a persuasive essay on whether Rock the Baby should be done palm up or palm down. You have 40 minutes to plan and write your essay. Please provide support and evidence for your claim. Your essay will be graded out of 100 points. 60 points will be granted on the basis of the number of good reasons you can come up with. There will also be four evaluation categories, these will be 10 points each, and will consist of structure, grammar, vocabulary, and execution of claim. Calling all competitors to the stage. The 1A division will begin in 10 minutes.”

all competitors give up

7 Likes

Hey @Yertle, NYYL staff informed me that there will be tickets available at the door, they just offered an online pre-purchase option for a while to help them plan ahead.

4 Likes

Thank you! Very glad to hear this - I was feeling bummed about missing out - not sure when we’ll get another event this size on the east coast again.

4 Likes

Does anyone know where Nationals 2020 will be held? (This has already been asked once, so I’m just rechecking @moby323 )

5 Likes

Mars

2 Likes

I dont know but if I see something about it I will let you know

2 Likes

Location has not been finalized at this point. We want to take into account the feedback from players and attendees on the venue and other event preferences

7 Likes

my vote goes to the south east coast :wink:

3 Likes

Nats in MN would be awesome

1 Like

what about charlotte NC that sounds like a great place :wink:

4 Likes

How about Atlanta, GA? It’s a bigger city isn’t it? :wink:

3 Likes

Even tough we live near Atl I’d still rather go to Charlotte!

3 Likes

im cool with earthier one im only 20 minutes away from Charlotte and only 2 and a half hours away from Atlanta

2 Likes