U.S Nationals

Next month is Nationals and My fiancé and I will be going to watch. Not looking forward to the long 8 hour drive right after getting out of Dialysis, and that I will miss Fridays event, But at the same time, I’m super excited to go and glad I’ll be there for Saturdays event… I am hoping to meet a lot of people there, make some more yoyo friends. So basically I made this thread to find out who here on the YYE Forums are going? I would love to meet everyone who chats on here, Maybe as the event gets closer to the date we can arrange a YYE Forum member meet up. Say hello, exchange stories, tips, tricks… What do you guys think??

That would be cool. I only will be there if I can make it make it past my regional qualifier :-\ :-\ :frowning: But hopefully I can get top 10 ::slight_smile:

I will be going too! We should all meet up somewhere. Also I’m going too :wink:

Just need to figure when and where. But I think it would be awesome to meet everyone here.

I’ll be there! I’m flying in to LAX Friday morning

I’ll be there.

I’ll be there, I’ll be the big guy standing behind the Kyo’s Toys table :slight_smile:

Kyle

i unfortunately wont be there, HOWEVER…

i am working stupid hard on my ks states freestyle, so if i win that and MWR, maybe…

oh wait, there are plenty of people in the midwest that could totally kick my rear.

oh well! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: #yoyoingisfunanyways

srsly tho, there is a good chance ill be making a petition for next year when appropriate timing comes

Heads up, new qualifying to compete at Nationals has gotten easier! NYYL-sanctioned State contests are now included, as well as past champions.

They got rid of petitioning (for the most part), unfortunately. Steve said somewhere that he believes they accepted one petition so far, and that was in an extreme circumstance.

I should be easy to spot out. I have a jack Skellington tattoo and green Celtic cross with a four leaf cover on my left forearm. and a star and banner on my right arm. Should be pretty easy to spot out. Hope to see and meet a lot of you there.

I’m not sure if I’ll be able to go yet, but if I can, I’d definitely be down for a forum meet up. I’m pretty easy to spot out as well. I’ll have a yoyo case with me.

How about we all meet up on the Friday about an hour before the contest starts near the prelim stage? I will be there.

Even better, we can turn this into a game: Nobody says there names and everyone takes turn trying to guess people’s forum names by asking yes/no questions.

Well I wont be hard to figure out lol and sadly I wont make it to Fridays prilims. So if your competing you better make it to finals so I can watch. And I mean that. Because I am going to miss all of Friday all because I have to do dialysis that day. Trust me I wish I could be there Friday, but if I miss just one day of dialysis it will not be good for me. I could get sick and more. And that is something I do not want when I’m at the contest watching. So if there is anyway we can make it a Saturday that would be awesome.

I won’t be going. I hate traveling and especially hate city’s.

I have a retro hairstyle. You might just be able to pick me out within the crowd.

How about right after the Sport divisions at the Westin?

What time will that be. I live near Sacramento, CA. My drive there will be around 7 to 8 hours. I’m trying to get my dialysis moved up so I can get it done earlier in the day. I feel I wont make it Friday which makes me really sad. But I’m not sure what Time I will make it Friday. If everyone will be able to check this Friday(Sept 25th) and I’ll update you guys along the way up there and the time I should get there. Otherwise, I’ll miss out on meeting everyone. Which really sucks.

It’s in the morning some time. I think it is around 10am.

Yeah, it looks like I won’t make it. My dialysis is 3 1/2 hours long. Then add the 7-8 hour drive. I wont make it there till night time. Which means I will miss all of Friday. Not very happy about it. But there’s nothing I can do about it. Dialysis is mandatory.