U.S Nationals

Friday is just prelims, so don’t worry about it too much… the good stuff happens Saturday and it’ll go all day from around 9am for sport stuff, until probably after 10pm for the end of finals.

Kyle

Awesome! I look forward to meeting you… You said you’ll have your own booth?

So its not the top 10? My contest I am compeating at has paolo, Ty, and james to deal with so unless its top 10 :cry: If I get 8th at the contest, I will not get seeded ???

Yes, I will have a booth at both locations.

Kyle

what are semi finals? I know what they are but the nationals only has finals and prelims, right?

Awesome. Look forward to meeting you.

If you get 8th, you will not get seeded unless there are 3 people in front of you not from the region. The people that are seeded are the top 5 overall at the contest and the top 5 from the region. These two groups, especially looking at the lineup for the West Coast Yoyo Championship, overlap.

Nationals has two rounds: semi-finals and finals.

What most contests call prelims is called semi-finals at nationals. This is probably because regional and state contests sort of count as prelims.

Also note that being seeded to semi-finals is the only way to compete at nationals other than being seeded to finals.

Is there anyone else staying at the Westin? where the prelims are being held?

I’m not staying in the hotel itself, but Prelims will be held in the same hotel; in a lobby room. Starts 6pm, Friday night; that’s the desired start time.

Hi all. I posted a little something on my yo yo blog about the Nationals, you should come check it out. I also post yoyo reviews. So come check it out at aidinyoyo.blogger.com

I AM SO EXCITED

I get to meet y’alls!!!

You going both days or just finals? Would like to meet you in person :smiley:

Both days!

I’m going to be in the hotel lobby from like 3-5 on Friday till my parents get in (the room is under their name) so if anyone wants to come down and hang out, feel free.

I should be able to make it in time. I set up my Friday dialysis early. like 5am early.

So hopefully I’ll make it in time for prelims and to just meet everyone… I will be staying in the westin, so that should be fun. Also Carly(fiancé) and I will be bringing around 20 packs with 3 strings in each pack, as a sample pack for our company. Those who find me first will get a free sample pack of string. One per a person. The color string your given will also be a random pick. Can’t wait to see you guys there.

Sounds like a plan!

1 Like

Looking forward to it.

1 Like

im totally going so itll be aweosme to meet up!