WHOAH! Pull over YYE Police

Where are even the rules, I dont where they are.

1 Like

They were posted above by @jhb8426 but here they are again. :slight_smile:

https://forums.yoyoexpert.com/guidelines

5 Likes

I like turtles

3 Likes

That skitrz guy sure does post a lot. :wink:

4 Likes
4 Likes

What’s his forum name? I’m sure he’s here and fitting in nicely. We love you Turtle Boy. Please don’t leave.

2 Likes

Are you sure you didn’t talk to Sarah?!

4 Likes

Oh man ! does this mean i have to buy a camera ? and whats this downloady thing you do with it ?

2 Likes

I feel like this is the only post anyone needs to read in this topic. No I didn’t quote that out of context, that’s all he said in that post. No need to look you can trust me. :+1:

Now drop and gimme 20

8 Likes

Note to self
Look closely at the date of the original post.

3 Likes

Too Easy! You Cant Smoke Me Sarn’t! Come Get Down Beside Me And Show Me How You Earned Those Stripes! HOOAH! You Wont Make It a Hundred!

2 Likes

Sorry guys I had a bit of a flashback… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Somehow this seems to be a slight argument in need of a point of dispute.

1 Like

Somehow this seems to be a really old thread that should be closed. :pensive:

3 Likes

This is the new YYE forum where necros are often allowed and at times actually encouraged.

4 Likes

It’s crazy to me after utilizing Reddit so heavily that a topic like this one can be re-opened after a year and a half, lol.

Not that anyone needs another opinion, but I like to think of the pics and videos we take here as a welcome departure from a hobby that is primarily a solo venture. They allow us to share a physical and visual action via digital media, ask for help, provide tutorials, and yes sometimes show off how shiny our spinny boys are. Without it were just a bunch of (mostly) dudes typing about yoyos without context.

Anyways @codinghorror already said you have to, so whatevs.

3 Likes

Nobody can make you post pics in a thread, other than the mods in a thread that requires it. If you have nothing better to do, you can see I don’t post pics as a rule and coding might come across as a mod but he isn’t. :wink:

4 Likes

Lol I know. Just playing along with ‘Whatever Coding says, goes’ line. I don’t ever expect anyone to post pics unless it’s a BST thread. They’re nice, and do a LOT to convey what we’re doing around here, but you are your own person, and I would never pressure you into posting things you don’t want to post.

Yeah, necro posting is an interesting debate to have. On the one hand, it often creates confusion when people don’t look at how old a thread is and post to it. On the other hand, it also gives users an opportunity to add updates or information down the road. I’ve found this particularly useful for rare or unusual topics.

I tend to come down on the side of “close old threads and encourage people to make a new one”. I think it’s nice to have that level of new activity in a forum community. People sometimes have a hard time jumping into long existing posts as a “new” person.

That said, I don’t feel particularly strongly about it one way or the other.

3 Likes

Check the timeline on this topic. Where are you getting a year and a half from??

I think the reason @skitrz doesn’t post pics is because he doesn’t carry a smartphone around. Also because he is a bad person, and should feel bad.

4 Likes