Who would you like to sponsor you

In my opinion this is really important to take into consideration.

In doing some shows for Yomega in the early 2000s (where they gave me plastic Hyperwarps to promote), the company decided to give me their next product to promote.

But this wasn’t Yomega-Yomega, run by Mr. Amaral, no, it was a redistribution toy company with the rights to sell Yomega products in Canada (something like Bandai, I think).

SO, they called me and said they would send me their newest yo-yo related product that would take the market by storm, and they wanted ME to headline promoting it! I was elated!

And then, I received in the mail, a Yostick.

YoStick

What’s a Yostick? It’s a ‘Yo-Yo Ball’ Stick. Instead of it being a round ball, it’s a stick.

So they call me in to their head office to see the tricks and skills I’ve acquired over the past week or 2 with this thing.

I go into the office and wave the stupid stick around for about a minute. I basically just did hardcore pinwheels the whole time. What more could I do?

I look over at the operations manager whom is in full suit and tie, and he’s just sitting there, staring at me, realizing the huge mistake he made in investing in this product, in investing in me, and possibly even investing in that company.

In fact my post here might be the largest piece of marketing for the Yostick that exists. It actually might be the only one as I did not hear back further from this company, nor from the Yostick.

As for the fate of the Yostick, well, you can still buy one online today. Just thank goodness not at YYE.

23 Likes