Who will win worlds 2014 ?

In 1A you always have to take in account Hiroyuki. Also to watch out for is Zach Gormley (EDIT: Wait, is Zach even there…? (ANOTHER EDIT: Yeah he is okay we’re good)), Janos, Anthony Rojas, Andrew Maider, Ayumu Harada, and after seeing Andrew Bergen’s prelim a minute ago, I’m really excited to see what he’ll pull out (I’m practically positive he’ll get in finals). Also really hoping Chuck makes it nto the finals.

If Shinji’s up, 2A is his. If Grant Johnson’s around though, would love to see his freestyle.

I would love to see Hank Freeman pull out another 3A win.

If Ben Conde can run completely clean, I think he’s got in the bag.

Takeshi is easily best in the world in 5A, in my opinion at least. Calling another win for him.

I heard Shinji and Shu aren’t participating…

My bad about double post…
But its confirmed no Shinji/Shu at Worlds.
Shu at competing at worlds?
YoYofacotry Response:“No Shu or Shinji.”
So…
1a: Takeshi or Iori (Want Suzuki to win, but not sure he can place #1)
2a:Takuma
3a:Hank Freeman, as always ._.
4a:Prob Rei,Maybe Ben if he really tries xD
5a: Probably Takeshi. As always(Except for that JN 2014)

Listen guys. Ben Conde will not win worlds. Plain as day. He’s my favorite 4a player, but there are a lot of players ahead of him in line.

I would have said the same about Dana Bennett, he’s always been a friend but I never considered him as a champion until he won 5a both at Nats and Worlds. Surprises happen, you just never know.

If hes goi g this year Im rooting for Marcus Koh. I think Chia will have enough points to place in the top 3.

We will see :slight_smile: janos surprised us all last year!

Christopher isn’t participating.

Sorry for double post. Again.
I keep htting the quote button instead of modify…

1A: Zach Gormley
2A: id say shinji but to my knowledge he isnt competing? so shu takada
3A: Hank all the way
4A: Zac Rubino or Ben Conde
5A: Takeshi but only if hes been working on it

I really want palli to do well if he keeps his runs clean he will have a great chance but im not sure, other than that it would be cool for harold owens to win his concepts are definitely innovative and clean enough to have a real shot

I think iori yamaki will take it home
Btw Brandon your vids are awsome

I’m happy Tessa won the women’s division so I’m a happy camper she deserves it.

WARNING for those who haven’t seen the results for semi-finals: This post has the semi-finalists who made it to finals in it
Here’s the order for 1a finals (just putting it here to analyze):
Matouš Tomeš, Peter Pong Si Yee, Petr Aminev, Masahiro Terada, Marcus Koh, Andrew Maider, Václav Kroutil, Iori Yamaki, Yusuke Otsuka, Zach Gormley, Izuru Hasumi, Shinya Kido, Takeshi Matsuura, Paul Kerbel, Hiroyuki Suzuki, Gentry Stein, Ahmad Kharisma, Carlos Braun, and János Karancz.
Here is the same list with all the people who are not considered top contenders out of it: Peter Pong Si Yee, Marcus Koh, Iori Yamaki, Zach Gormley, Shinya Kido, Takeshi Matsuura, Paul Kerbel, Hiroyuki Suzuki, Gentry Stein, Ahmad Kharisma, Carlos Braun, and János Karancz.
Let’s see. Peter Pong Si Yee (not sure if he’s considered a top contender): Good, but he hasn’t scored that well at his recent contests. Marcus Koh: I consider him a possibility, he’s a previous world champion, unfortunately I don’t think he has been making many new tricks (I could be wrong). Iori Yamaki: He’s a good player, but I don’t think his tricks will be good enough to give him a win; look at his freestyle last year; it’s good but he got 16th; it might happen again. Zach Gormley: I think he has a decent chance, but he has to clean up. Shinya Kido: I think he’ll place high, but I don’t think he’ll win, because he hasn’t changed much over the years, and he hasn’t been getting that close to winning at worlds. Takeshi Matsuura: a big yes for him; he’s been improving in 1a so fast; and his semi-final probably contains very little of his final, so you can expect something big. Paul Kerbel: I think he’ll place high, but I do not think he’ll win; he does have a chance though, as he showed in his EYYC routine. Hiroyuki Suzuki: of course! Don’t think I need to explain. Gentry Stein: after winning nationals and semis, I’m feeling more confident in him, and he might have more tricks up his sleeve. Ahmad Kharisma: He will definitely place high, but I don’t see him winning, because he hasn’t improved that much since last year. Carlos Braun: I don’t think so; he has cool tricks, but worlds judging isn’t the same as EYYC’s judging. János Karancz: maybe, but his routines haven’t been as clean this year; if he has a really clean routine he has a good chance.
So in the end, my top 3 are (in no particular order) Hiroyuki Suzuki, Gentry Stein, and Takeshi Matsuura.
You guys probably disagree with a lot of these opinions, and no doubt think this post was corny/cheesy, but this was just my way of analyzing. Sorry for being boring.

Here is my real prediction:

1a Finals -

1st - Zach Gormeley
2nd - Takeshi Matsuura
3rd - Hiroyuki Suzuki
4th - Gentry Stein
5th - Janos Karancz
6th - Iori Yamaki
7th - Ahmad Kharisma
8th - Andrew Maider
9th - Carlos Braun
10th - Paul Kerbel

Results are here! ^

Oh heck no, my friend Marcus Koh is not gonna place above 10. NO WAY!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Im sorry, but strictly in my opinion, I’m not sure if Zach can pull off a 1st here
Hes a great player, but based on his prelims, hes lookin a little shaky…
I mean, last year he beat hiroyuki by less than 2 points, and got 1 less switch out.
And Zach seem’s just as good as last year, But hiroyuki has Definitely stepped it up.
Also, i think Paul has potential to be top 5. Maybe top 3!
My top 5:
1st:Takeshi
2nd:Gentry/Hiroyuki
3rd:Paul Kerbel/Iori/
4th:Zach,Shinya
5th Marcus,Janos
I kinda cheated by putting 2 for each place, but thats just because they have really good times, and pretty meh times, and I can’t order them without taking that into consideration xD

My guess is the scoring system has changed a little since last year and in favor of Zach regardless if he goes clean, because the judges are biased.

Straight out fact. No one can deny it. not

I hope that’s a joke, because it’s a pretty serious allegation when there’s money on the line.