Who is your favorite World Champion?

I am starting a thread to see which champions get the most respect. I will go with Janos…a lot of creativity.

Yuuki Spencer

His tricks are just so neat!

2 Likes

I have to agree with you. He is fast as well. I will never forget the moment I learned the Yuuki Slack. It took me 4 years lol

Gentry Stein

Judah Friedlander

Hiroyuki Suzuki for me. When I got into yoyoing in 2007, watching his freestyles at Worlds on youtube were a huge source of inspiration for me. His expertise in yoyoing is unfathomable, he set the bar extremely high for competition, and I think he will go down in yoyoing history as a very influential and unforgettable player.

1 Like

In all seriousness I feel the same way^
Probably wouldn’t be yoyoing today if I didn’t see mickey’s freestyles when I first started! First person I saw do an arm grind, my face melted.

Can’t decide between Zach and Gentry

I think Hiroyuki is my favorite as well. He’s such a legendary yoyoer and really broke ground with a lot of his tricks.

Hiroyuki, his freestyles were partially what got me into modern yoyoing… Then again, according to Brandon Vu, he ate my cheese… If you watch Brandon’s videos, you know what I mean.

MIKEY

Who could forget JD’s 2003 freestyle?

Btw, Lots of people all talk about yuuki’s 07 freestyle… But what about the time he won worlds in 02 with a responsive og freehand? Classic stuff right there.

Probs Zach or JD.

Shinji Saito or Michael Nakamura. there are so many amazing yoyoers!

JD, he was such a pioneer for tech and he’s great to talk to.

Jensen kimmitt.

Jensen Kimmit all the way. Love his style and his music

JD is the da man…but love Yuuki & Mickey too!

Ask me again after worlds.

1 Like

I just pictured you waking up in Cleveland after winning worlds, looking in the mirror and saying ‘that guy!’ #usasweep2016

2 Likes