Who Is Better

I’m going to have to go with Hiroyuki. Jensen might have more flow, but that’s his style, not Hiroyuki’s. Hiroyuki’s ability to go at those insane speeds shows true control over the yoyo. Add to that, he throws in some slacks and whips in there too.

He won WYYC 3 times in a row, and then was runner up for the next 4 years. He nearly won 9 consecutive WYYCs in 1a, something that would even surpass takeshi, and we’re talking about 1a too, the most competitive style of them all.

Even if you don’t like his fast paced, technical style there is a reason he is dominant in 1a contests. His tricks are pretty complex, and he can go at speeds like nobody else, he must have a true connection with the yoyo to be able to do what he does.

1 Like

Hiroyuki. Jensen cool and all but he only won worlds once, on the other hand Hiroyuki won worlds 4 times. Though what’s not to like about a guy who won worlds on a plastic yoyo?

OG Speeder: Never Forget

They are both great players. I think they both have great skills. Although most of the time Jensen’s mind seems to be somewhere else haha, but Mickey is always focused and brings out his best. Although that performance from Jensen is my favorite.

There’s no such thing as a better thrower. Those saying Hiroyuki’s tricks are not creative are insane, he pioneered 1A since very very early. He was way ahead of his years and performances like his 2005 World freestyle was still be viable in today’s competitive scene.

My opinion is Jensen Kimmit but I submitted Hiroyuki Suzuki because he’s changed yoyoing so much. Jensen Kimmit has proved the impossible by winning 2010 World Yoyo contest with a 35.00 North Star. On the other hand Hiroyuki has (correct me if im wrong,) won 4 World Yoyo Contest titles and many yoyoers look up to him. They both contributed so much to the yoyo society but I think Hiroyuki really just barely topped Jensen. Jensen Kimmit is still one of my favorite yoyoers above Hiroyuki but I think as a whole most people would say Hiroyuki.

Shinji Saito

didn’t t-sev win with a FHZ?

Hiroyuki won worlds 3 times straight, with a $40 yoyo that is way technologically outdated compared to the Northstar.

I don’t think that’s fair. Sure the yoyo was outdated by today’s standards, but it wasn’t really outdated at the time he won the contests. On topic, they are equal, just different.

I think it would be Jensen Kimmitt. The tricks that I have seen him do, Such as “Pyjama Man”, just Blows… My… Mind. The tricks that Hiroyuki Suzuki are mind blowing, too, but he doesn’t have the little touch of fun that Jensen has. The crazy-ness and speed that Suziuki has is insane, but speed isn’t everything. After 2013, it has occurred to me that it was exactly the same as every other year. Jensen brings something new to the table every time you see him.

I just don’t find any joy in watching a bunch of un creative tricks going 100 MPH. It’s seems like when Mickey steps on stage he’s there to win, not put out the best performance for the crowd.

1 Like

Mickey is one of the biggest showmans in the sport… Uncreative tricks? He was the first person to do so many things. Lots of stuff happens between his speed combos, seems people ignore the other 2 minutes of his routines. Also yeah, he’s there to win, it’s a competition, are you gonna say Jensen wasn’t there to win in 2010? What sense would it make to go through the trouble of getting into the World’s finals then just entertain people instead of try and win? lol.

To me better means most technically proficient, not most entertaining or anything, and obviously technically-speaking it’s no contest. Guarantee a lot of the Jensen voters are just CLYW hypebeasts don’t even know who Suzuki is.

2 Likes

Amen

I 2nd this

Wait… is that…? Why yes, I believe that’s checkmate.

Problem is, until people are able to look at the facts objectively instead of just relying on their own opinions and bias, even fantastic posts like this are going to fall on deaf ears.

The facts are the facts. Until Jensen (or anyone) wins worlds 5 times, Mickey will reign supreme.

Couldn’t it just be that the contests caters towards mickeys style?

I think it’s pretty clear that Jensen wanted to win in 2010. In the years after that not only did he not want to win, he purposely sabotaged himself.

Winning isn’t everything.

Who I consider “better” doesn’t mean who can get the most string hits or who can go the fastest. I prefer flow. That said, I think Mickey’s style is boring.

1 Like

Depends how you define “better”.

and then we go back to my first post xD

I just want to add to mickey’s hit list, that the very same year Jensen won WYYC, he won 44Clash…suffering from pneumonia.