Who Is Better

I don’t think this is a fair statement to make. John Ando, Janos, Shinya Kido, Marcus Koh, Yuuki and Jensen have all won worlds on years where Mickey competed, proving that his style does not give him an unfair advantage. A lot of people competing at worlds have fast, technical styles.

When Mickey does make mistakes, he doesn’t win. The 4 times he did win were because of remarkable displays of skill, consistency and fluency. I don’t think it’s fair to try and take anything away from his well deserved wins.

I don’t even like CLYW. Mickey is mind blowing, Like, 9,000,000 mph tricks. It’s crazy. But the creativity and cool slacks that Jensen dishes out is a little more, y’know, entertaining.

I think this person hit the nail in the coffin! ^^ :slight_smile:

“Better” isn’t a good word choice. All I’m adding to this topic is that Jensen killed it in ‘10. Crowd was flippin’ out. He just doesn’t want it anymore, like he once did. I think it made him feel as if it were becoming a job and he didn’t want it to be that.

I guess it’s pointless. This is getting closer to a fanboys war each post, and we all saw this coming.

Jensen’s the most entertaining and may have the most enjoyable style for a lot of people, and that’s probably legit. I don’t like it, and since worlds 2011, I don’t like him, I think he’s a bad role model for new yoyoers, especially young ones. However, I respect those who disagree with my opinion.
In the same way, people may not like Mickey’s style, or maybe they don’t like him. That’s fine.

But what I think is leading the votes toward Jensen is:
1)CLYW hype (I won’t deal with Jensen’s own hype, because Mickey’s got his own too)
2)He’s North American, therefore (and it’s perfectly understandable and in no way negative), it seems logical that here is where he is the most popular.
3) Mickey is a showman, and a businessman, he takes care of his image. People may find him haughty.
4)I think there are a lot of people today who have little knowledge of Mickey’s career and achievements as a yoyoer before, let’s say, 2010.

People complain about his speed, but as stated before, that’s 1/3 of his freestyles. Plus, high speed is a proof you’ve mastered your tricks.

People say he’s always doing the same thing: well, as far as I know, it’s not a crime. His combos have evolved, as he has evolved himself. He makes a lot of appearances, a lot of contests. Do you want him to have a new routine each time? Would you be able to? Most of Jensen’s appearences are apart from stage. There is no doubt that Mickey has at least as many tricks as Jensen is his catalogue, if not more. And, in all honesty, who can assert that he didn’t come with new stuff in 2012?

2 Likes

Blah blah blah blah Hiroyuki Suzuki blah blah blah Jensen is better blah blah blah no Mickey is better blah blah blah

Why u no like shinji 1a ? Lol XD

This could go on with any sport. Is Lebron better than Durant? At some things, yes, and some things, no.

It’s all about who you like to watch. I like watching both simply to watch two different styles. All I can say for certain is that they are both better than I.

i dont like mickeys sunglasses or “style” so i think its pretty obvious that makes jensen the better yoyo player

1 Like

I think there’s another reason too. Jensen in real life is probably a likable, funny guy, and people are probably more relatable to a chill funny dude than a 4 time world yoyo champion that takes everything seriously.

Oh. Why do I take lol posts seriously

So… how exactly does which guy is more likeable factor into ‘who’ is the better yoer?

Just curious…

I mean, I understand, you are saying it’s possible that Jensen is getting more votes in the poll, because he may seem more down to Earth and ‘chill’, but what good are the poll results if it reflects a Personality Contest instead of the OPs’ original intention; who is better?

Actually, neither is better. They are ‘both Better’. They are both better than at least 90 percent of all yoers in the History of modern yoing.

It really isnt even fair to compare them. They both have entirely different Motivations. Jensen Entertains and amazes. He is not compelled to Freestyle for ‘Wins’. He Wins, but his primary focus is not about Winning.

Mickey, on the other hand, is motivated to Win. He works within the Rules of Contest Judging and when the timer starts, its all about blazing and making points and getting Wins. It is his Job to win. Its his mission to win. Its his Business to win. It is basically his Profession.

Mickey focuses on 1A, but he can do all 5 Primary styles. And pretty well within each.

When Mickey is not up on Stage, he can slow down and pull off some pretty outstanding combos. His precision is second to none.

It is really not very fair to compare the actual Skill levels of 2 particular players when both approach ‘1A’ from completely different mindsets.

Jensen = Custom Car. Mickey = Race Car.

Both have their strong points.

1 Like

I thought it was common sense. We need more people to think this way

Jensen Kim it is better

I was just saying that because people are probably being biased in the poll to Jensen because of those reasons.

^ lol

Jensen is better period. His tricks are all complex. This has nothing to do with CLYW. Suzuki is boring.

1 Like

When Jensen can do those tricks at mickey’s pace then we’ll talk. I bet if mickey slows down he would be able to do everything jensens got.

WARNING: TOPIC DERAILING

So am I the only one that loves watching 4a players do 1a? John Narum, Ben Conde, I respect their styles as much as Jensen or anybody else. I see some of the coolest stuff I ever have from them.

Bc, you seriously need to donate your Brain to Science. Just mail it in, you won’t even notice it’s gone. Based on weight, one stamp should cover the postage. I can send you an empty One Drop box. That way you will have enough room to completely surround your donation with bubble wrap.

1 Like