Who has knowledge of records?

So I hiked up mount Sherman the other day at 14,043 ft above sea level at the peak, it’s one of the 14ers of Colorado and one of the tallest peaks in the US.

I got thinking about it and was wondering if there was a world record for highest elevation yoyo’ed at.

If there is I’d like to know that elevation, and if not did I just create it?

I’ve done some research and can’t find anything besides record that are met and broken in a competition. Which this of course isn’t, it’s still pretty cool.

2800 almost vertical climb above the tree line just to throw some yoyos!

Todd YoyoFox Rollenhagen shared a post on Instagram: "14,043 ft on top of mount Sherman, what else would I do but yoyo! Brought the icarus from @docpop up here with me. I

23 Likes

how was the view

1 Like

Oh man! The view is phenomenal. Perfect timing on afternoon storms one rolled in as we were in the last 50 yards from the car!

18 Likes

Wow, yeah that looks beautiful

4 Likes

2 days later my legs are still jelly. 100% worth it

5 Likes

Around 1,320,000 feet above sea level (aboard the International Space Station).

10 Likes

Anyone throw on a commercial jet at 32k ft? Within Earth’s gravity?

3 Likes

Yes @MoonageMin took a video of him yo-yoing on a flight a few years ago.

2 Likes

Lol that’s in orbit. Not on the planet. Doesn’t count :wink:

5 Likes

I should really make this highest elevation on the surface of the earth, unassisted, using one’s own 2 or fewer legs to get there…

2 Likes

Sorry Todd, but I brought a yoyo to the top of Pike’s Peak which is 14,115!

7 Likes

Lol! It was between pikes & Sherman. The hike up was a shorter distance on Sherman so we chose that one. Should have went on pikes we would have tied :wink:

2 Likes

Respect to you both for hiking & yo-yoing that high! My Jeep excursion to the top of Red Mountain outside Ouray was only 12,598′ and motorized transportation doesn’t count. Might need to check with Doc Lucky if anyone has thrown on Everest.

5 Likes

Oh! I know red mountain been there and around there many times :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This is rad!!

I think Ben and Hans have yo-yoed at Everest base camp, but I’m not sure how high that is.

Pretty cool article from a few years back here:

5 Likes

Ouray is so cool! I almost drove through in my Miata on the way back to California a few weeks ago, but had to change my route last minute.

6 Likes

Driving a Miata from Colorado to Cali is impressive either way though lol, I’m not sure too many understand that drive, I bet it was hella fun in the Miata too

3 Likes