Who do you guys think will win worlds?

Well said! Unfortunately some of the most interesting and unique players don’t really fit into the mold of a world champion.

As for other styles, I would REALLLY love to see Takuma take 5a again. Takeshi is so good and it’s clear that those two are on a completely different level, but Seeing Takuma win would be awesome.
2a, return if Koji Yokoyama, I can dream can’t I? If not, I have feeling that Yasushi could take it, He’s been saving his stuff big time this whole year, and he has a history or top placing.
3a, tough to say, People are thinking Hank, but it depends if be brings out new material or not.
4a, I would love to see Naoto win again. His stage work and Coreo are absolutely amazing to watch, and it’s clear that he puts real time and effort into his freestyle development. Rei also, I’d be happy to see either at the top. And cause of local Cali pride, Michael Nakamura, just sayin.

Haru

David Ripplinger

He’s actually very capable of winning worlds. Depending on what tricks he does, he scores well. His tech score is pretty good, and he always scores very well on ‘style’, ‘music use’ and ‘amplitude’. The only problem is that he isn’t always super consistent. But if he lands a really clean routine, he’s more than capable of taking first. Being his friend and a fan of his style, I really hope he wins.

If I had to place my money on someone, I’d either be Marcus Koh or Gentry just because of their consistency and previous winnings. Gentry probably doesn’t score as well with the international judges, but he’s always really consistent. After talking with some local judges, it really sounds like he’s likely to win.

And to those of you saying it will be Jensen, it’s not gonna happen. He’s a great yoyoer and all, but his stuff isn’t ‘updated’ enough for current competition play in finals at Worlds. He isn’t ‘competition ready’ enough for Worlds. And I sincerely doubt he’ll be going to Worlds and competing anyways.

But yeah, I really hope to see Anthony win, he deserves it. It’s definitely a possibility. I’d also like to see Yuuki and Kohta come in and place in the top 5. And I’d really like to see Grant make it to finals and place in the top 8.

2 Likes

Well you know best dude :wink:
And I agree it would be awesome to see Grant place high as well. I’m a huge fan of his style and he definitely deserves to make finals at least.

1 Like

Haha, Grant is one of my favorite players! His style is amazing, and he has that amplitude haha. I kinda doubt he’ll make it to finals though, considering how intense Worlds prelims are. But there’s a possibility he could make it through. If he makes it though he can definitely place in the top 8, as long as he lands his routine moderately clean. And I’m super upset that nobody uploaded his MWR routine… So I’d just really like to see him make finals just so I could see his routine lol.

Alexis JV

And to those of you saying it will be Jensen, it’s not gonna happen. He’s a great yoyoer and all, but his stuff isn’t ‘updated’ enough for current competition play in finals at Worlds. He isn’t ‘competition ready’ enough for Worlds. And I sincerely doubt he’ll be going to Worlds and competing anyways.
[/quote]
Yah, I know it’s not going to be Jensen, but u would be awesome if he won! My moneys is on gentry stein anyway…

Plus, Jensen doesn’t take contests seriously anymore. Even when he ain’t tryin, his swag is off the charts.

3 Likes

me.

Why hasn’t anybody talked about Zach Gormley yet? I think he can take it if his performance is as clean as national last year. Also how about Harold Owens ? We all know he can place very high I he performs well.

I’m Probably wrong but I have a feeling Yuuki is going to show up at worlds unannounced . If so I have no doubt in my mind. He would take it with ease.

I can see Jensen Kimmitt pulling it off… Although Gentry Stein is definitely possible.

It’s going to be Christopher chia ;D

I really want tatsuya Fujisaka to place in the top 5 this year at least

I’m gonna go with Gentry. He just exploded this year, and he’s been cleaning up at every contest he competes at. He’s developed so much skill and drive, I’d be surprised if he doesn’t kill it at Worlds.

We all know Ann Connolly is going to win.

1 Like

Ohhh ya Zach… I still think it’s gentry though, he’s getting really good.

My favorites to watch who I know in finals are going to be Alexis JV, Kohta (is he seeded from EYYC? I think he is…) and Janos.

The people I hope to get in finals are Chuck, Shinji (if he competes), Tomas Bubak, Grant Johnson, Sebby, Semba, Eric Koloski, Anthony Rojas, Zannix Wong, Augie, Isaac Sams, Andrew Maider, and Jensen. Now, some of them might not be competing, but if they are, I hope they make it.

The people who I think will probably win are Marcus Koh or Christopher Chia. Zack might pull something out. Gentry too if he gets to the finals. I don’t know. It’s going to be one interesting contest.

1A is a free-for-all. Not gonna worry about that
2A, it’s gonna be between Shu Takada, Takuma Yamamoto, and Ryo Yamashita, but I put my money on Takuma
3A, I bet a Japanese player will take the gold
4A, I wanna see Bryan Figueroa take it this time. He’s been a Worlds runnerup for way too long.
5A, Takeshi’s gonna be the next Shinji.

Insert Quote

3A, I bet a Japanese player will take the gold.

^ hank freeman … Lol ;D