White Buddha Help

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGH!!! I just hate this trick. Whenever I swing the one and a half mount over & back, it usually begins to bind. Why does it do this? What can I do to stop it from happening?

The string is supposed to slide on your fingers and the bearing, and not stuck in it. This is one of the reason it’s a good idea to start yoyoing from responsive, it teaches you this.
But anyway, try to move it differently, try to leave different string length like do a shorter or longer one and half mount for example, try to move more upward or downward, things like that. The point is it’s a combination between letting the string slides on your finger and bearing, and controlling the string length in each element.

This trick is frustrating for me because it was developed on a responsive yoyo.
I can get all of the elements accept for the last one.

I just can’t get my unresponsive throw to hold the string in that last step.

I haven’t had binding problems before, I would imagine that everything rizki said is true.
You may also want to check for unintended slack.

Could you shot a video of it?

I love this trick, and would be more than happy to help you out anyway possible. I could try to do a slow mo video with instructions on how to do it. If its the part I’m thinking of that that your having trouble with, than I had trouble with it too for awhile.

1 Like

Cool. I can get it about a third of the time.
The timing is important for this because you really run out of spin fast when you get to the half bind at the end.

Edit: I figured out the last part finally.
You have to flip the string so it goes around the front of the yoyo first then around the back and that binds it up enough to hold for a second until you drop it out. Still working on smoothing out the rest of the trick though.