Whip into Kamikaze... HELP!

Hello!

So I’ve managed to get the whip into Kamikaze from the trapeze position… but I literally cannot get close to it from the yoyo going into the trapeze as opposed to it already being in that position already…

Any tips to help with this one? I’ve tried pin wheeling first to give me some prep time, but when I try to get the trapeze I land that, but the whip gets no where near the yoyo (I don’t even think I get a whip out as the string is tense as I can’t seem to pinch to get the slack from the trapeze).

Thanks

3 Likes

I’m having trouble with this one as well. Can do it fine from a resting trapeze but not from breakaway.

1 Like

I’m learning it from the yoyo standing still at the bottom of the string, I guess I should try it your way, lol.

This trick took me awhile to get.
One tip i can give is to try to slow down the yoyos swinging motion onto a trapeze. Also, when the yoyo is a little below the side of your non throw hand, its better to whip already right there. So its basically slowing down your trapeze, whipping the back half of the yoyo midair before it lands in a trapeze, and once you whip that string onto the back half of the yoyo, you just land the formation on the bottom string (or like continue the trapeze motion, basically)

1 Like

I am not sure if i am misinterpreting the whip to kamikaze you are telling here, but i think i might be right.
Do you mean it by the yoyo instantly landing in a kamikaze mount instead of landing on a trapeze first before whipping?

1 Like

Yes… I can hit the mount when in trapeze already, but not when trying to hit the mount from the motion of going into trapeze (So before I get into trapeze position).

I guess you could say it it whipping whilst doing a pin wheel that would land into a trapeze…

Hope that make sense!

That would work, but it would be better to whip the yoyo midair, and land the trapeze motion.

I could try to create a tutorial though

2 Likes

If it helps… by all means!