Which yoyo is better?

Is a Supernova as good as a limited edition MVP?

For starters, just because it’s a limited edition doesn’t matter at all when comparing with a supernova.

Just get the one you think is better. I love the supernova, you can’t really go wrong with it. Never tried an MVP though.

MVP2 is pretty powerful and stable spinning, but I’m going to have to go with the Supernova on this. Just an overall more reliable yoyo. Somewhat floaty, wide, and amazingly competition ready!

I didn’t care for the SuperNova. I played one at Nationals 2012 because some kid insisted I try it so he could try a One Drop, so he shoved the SuperNova in my hands. I just did not care for it. This was a model I was interested in as well, but not enough yet to buy one before trying. I’m glad I tried it first. It was good, just not good for me. I won’t be buying one for myself.

MVP all the way. V-shapes with lots of rim weight works ideal for me. Simple design. I have one as well, bought knowing I’d have a better than average chance of enjoying it. I do enjoy it.

So, as you can see, some people are recommending the SuperNova. I am recommending the MVP. Better and best are relative terms based on preferences. It’s not a black and white area. Things like “limited edition” means little as those are mostly small run colorways. Price also means not mean too much for me. Now, it’s known I collect and have money to spend, but that’s not what I’m talking about here. I don’t look at price when comparing models together because sometimes the lower-priced item can be the better performer. Higher price does not equate to better as a default determining factor.

My choice is my choice based on my preference.s YYF makes good stuff, just I’ve found a lot of their stuff just doesn’t fit well for me. But, I also have quite a bit of YYF stuff that I do enjoy too.

What do you have in your collection at the moment, and of that, what do you like, and why?

Let’s see what others say.

I hardly throw YYF anymore, but I definitely prefer the supernova. It has an excellent feel (7075 version).

The MVP just felt dull. It felt like I was fighting it the whole time if that makes sense. Maybe I need to try it again haha

Ok I choose the MVP bcuz I can do a lot more finger spins its lighter and has a nice feel and shape

The original MVP is by far still my favorite yoyo of all time. I have tried a supenrova, and it is good, but if you are willing to spend the extra money, but the MVP

OK I realize this is not one of your options, but the 7075 version of the Genesis (Doomsday) is an absolutely awesome YoYo.

It’s without doubt the nicest YoYo I believe that YYF currently produces. I own both versions of the MVP and several Supernovas, and I really believe you would be doing yourself a huge disservice by not considering the “Doomsday” version of the Genesis. It also has to be one of the most underrated YoYo’s that YYF has sold in the last few years as well. I bought mine on a recommendation, and I’m very glad I did.

Just my opinion of course.

1 Like

anyone else feel this way or still supernova?

If I had to choose(oh wait, I sort of did): MVP.

I managed to get a good deal on an MVP via BST a while ago. I knew this yoyo would be a good fit for me and I was right.

At Nationals, a kid put a SuperNova in my hand so he could try something else of mine. I just didn’t care for the Supernova as it didn’t line up with my preferences. I’m actually grateful for this opportunity though because I had been looking at getting a SuperNova.

Better? Preferences. I prefer the MVP. There can’t be anything wrong with the SuperNova, it sells very well.

However, if I had to choose one single YYF, it would be the Equilateral. Hands down my favorite YYF Ever

I’m getting a stacked catalyst

Best yoyo ever

Stacked yoyo