Which one?

so i made a thread awhile back about what yoyo i should get after christmas you can view that here and the Dove the SF PLSTC and the Flight got the most votes but i’ll probably get the Flight or PLSTC
in your opinion which one of these should i get?

• SF PLSTC
  • Flight

0 voters

excited to here y’alls opinions!

Dove while not here gets my vote :slight_smile:
I tried the SF plastic this weekend, and it was awesome too.
But the person I swapped with to try the plstc tried my dove and we both agreed the dove is nicer

7 Likes

lol ok thank you!

1 Like

Edit: the new Pie poll is confusing me

• Flight
  • SF PLSTC

0 voters

3 Likes

Those two are yoyos for completely different styles. Choose the one that’s the style you want to do the most.

3 Likes

What do you like better about the Dove?

2 Likes

Well I’m sure the person I swapped for a while with will be able to give better thoughts.

I’m still new to this with limited variety of yoyo experience so my thoughts are going to be based more or intangibles instead of technical terms and normal review style descriptions.

So to me personally I felt the shape of the dove was more comfortable and felt more streamlined somehow. And I felt it was more catchable. Not sure how the two yoyo’s catch zone compare to each other in real life placebo maybe, and maybe because I’m just more comfortable with the dove as I have been using it a lot for a while now but I seem to be able to catch strings better on it.
Dove felt more like a metal yoyo? Not sure if that even makes sense but it’s felt more dense but lighter feeling? I think I found out that I like yoyo that feels heavier on the string. But in comparison I think dove felt lighter but heavier in a dense sense and plastic felt heavier on the string but in a chunk. Maybe this is due to familiarity or to weight distribution not sure but that’s how it felt to me.

Also it’s delrin! And it’s milky white. Haha I always wanted a crucial milk yoyo before so that is just placebo effect at this point.

I felt it was more stable and seemed like it would spin longer. I don’t really look too much at actual spin times now as most yoyos I found spins long enough. But I do like those that feels like it will spin long. Maybe that feeling is power? Haven’t quite figured that out yet.

Yeah both were amazing yoyos to be fair these are not as big a difference as I am making out and I would be super happy with either. But if I had to pick one and make comparisons this is how I felt.

Also dove was smoother yoyo between the two but as both of these had quite a lot of playtime on it. I don’t think it was an accurate comparison for smoothness.

3 Likes

Dove

3 Likes

Don’t get the Flight unless your goal is to dive (fly?) into 4A (offstring) play.

Between the PLSTC and the Dove, get the former if you like big chunky yoyos; get the latter if you don’t.

3 Likes

the PLSTC is chunky?

1 Like

If you don’t already have a 4a throw then definitely get the Flight.

4 Likes

Yes. It is like they took the Cadence shape and inflated it to the dimensions of a Wedge.

2 Likes

lol ok

the flights is good but I would get a skyhook instead it just plays better

1 Like

At first I was like, “rly?”, then I was all…

6 Likes

My vote still goes to the Flight.
Seems like you’ve already got some nice 1a throws…but you don’t have any for offstring I’m aware of…so the flight would open up a whole new style for you to play with!

4 Likes

this is true but i only have 2 unresponsive one has no response pads and the Shutter is becoming extremely beat up lol

1 Like

Get both and send the one you don’t want to me. See, that was easy! :wink:

2 Likes

this… this is true

2 Likes

buy some response pads! much cheaper than a new yoyo.

1 Like