which one would be the best choice?

im really thinking about getting a premiere YYF throw, ive narrowed it down to 4 choices.

Superstar
Skyline
MVP

I’m so confused on which one would be best, I like a smooth throw, has to be stable, and grindable, i dont really have any size/width preferences. Just in your opinion which throw is the best one out of these 4?

I’ve played with the superstar and the 888. Not the .11. Not really any difference. The superstar is very lovable but I think the 888 is more stable. Go for the genesis. It’s YYF and it is one of the best throws around. Also look at the super g.

1 Like

I have Superstar, Skyline, & MVP. I would rank them like this:

Stability: 1) MVP, 2) Superstar, 3)Skyline

Grindability: 1) Skyline, 2) Superstar, 3) MVP

I’ve never played an 888, but based on your preference and the choices listed, I think that is the one you’d want. I’ve heard it is good at grinding and I’d feel pretty sure it would have better stability than the Skyline. The Skyline isn’t heavily rim weighted.

The thing is, none of the yoyo’s you listed is “better” than the other. At this price range, it’s more about meeting your personal preferences than which one is better.

If I had to pick one out of that list (that I’ve played) I would say Superstar with the stacks removed. That’s because my preference is for stability. I know I said the MVP has more stability, and it does, but it just doesn’t feel ‘right’ to me. Too angular or something.

If I had to pick my favorite yoyofactory right now, I’d also suggest a Super G like the guy above me suggested. I’ve never played a Genesis, but it looks to be in the same family of shape as the Super G, so I’m sure I’d enjoy it too. But…this is all because of what I’ve learned about my own preferences.

i love my 888x to death but i wish i would have got a superstar for the bigger size that i like