Which do you prefer for each category? Looking for opinions

Best all-around: Xcube Zeus

Best feeling/playing: Xcube Zeus

Favorite(even if it isn’t the best feeling/playing): Xcube Zeus

Best for beginners: Depends on the beginner’s age and talent. Yoyofactory One for young Kids. Top-Yo Creater for the more talented.

Best mini: Yoyofficer Imp

Best bimetal: Unprld Nostalgia

Best plastic: Yoyofactory Wedge

4 Likes

Still each category is extremely subjective and a matter of opinion. :speak_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Would need so many more categories but would be too many lol :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I disagree, a lot of people just can’t be bothered to get yoyos in the mini category and I get why, small yoyos just aren’t that fun to play with when you’re struggling so much with your tricks playing with them. You can tell when so many people in this thread are listing undersized yoyos that have diameters above 50mm in this mini category, which for me is definitely not mini. Mini yoyos should in the least have diameters under 50mm. Personally, I’ll define yoyos under 50mm in diameter as undersized and yoyos with diameters 40mm and under as mini. Micro would be for yoyos with diameters 30mm and under. If I were to go with my definition, the YYF Heist would be the best mini.

As a result, most people’s knowledge of mini yoyos comes down to just a few out of the tons of mini yoyos out there. It also seems that mini yoyos have been getting some love only recently and hence only the recently released mini yoyos get recognition, older minis aren’t well-known by a lot of people. For people like me who collect tons of mini yoyos, I have found that the General Yo Ministar 2 absolutely smashes everything else in the market, nothing comes close to playing as well as it, not even the Fallen Angel, and the design is an old one, first released in 2017. The Masamini 2 is just way too heavy for it to be fun to play, similar to it’s predecessor (performance-wise, nothing beats it, but it doesn’t feel great to play). General Yo needs to make much more Ministar 2s so people can experience its greatness. I think the resident mini yoyo expert @batracTheLooper would agree that the Ministar 2 is the best mini yoyo to have ever come out as well. The Ministar 2 is the standard that I judge all mini yoyos against.

4 Likes

Yea I haven’t tried many, but im not really interested in yoyos much under 50mm.

2 Likes

As expected. That’s why I disagreed with your statement that the mini category doesn’t have a good “best”, because I think there are very clear standouts in the world of mini yoyos. It’s just that not many people know about these yoyos.

2 Likes

I’ve got several and I agree with this statement.

1 Like

My favorite mini throws are the OD clique and furn

2 Likes

Best all-around: dazzler

Best feeling/playing: wisteria

Favorite(even if it isn’t the best feeling/playing): 888

Best for beginners: classic

Best mini: Eli dert

Best bimetal: elite18

Best plastic: crazy d

5 Likes

I enjoy watching documentaries about different types of plants that flourish in the desert. I also like to read biographies of famous ship builders.

2 Likes

Excellent choice on the mini, just wayyyyyyy too damn hard to find, which is why it’s not on my list as I don’t have one.

3 Likes