Name The Yo-Yos That you Recommend To Others (Not for me, I have a lot of yo-yos)

Hey, y’all!

I hope you all are having a great day! There were times when I’ve bought yoyos that weren’t a good fit for me. Does anyone relate?

Well, I would like you guys to please write a recommendation for you’re favorite

a. Beginner yoyo (ONE)

b. Plastic Unresponsive yoyo (Wedge)

c. Metal first unresponisve (K’Edge)

d. Mono-Metal (BOY)

e. Bi-Metal (Overdrive Draupnir)

f. Titanium (Haha I wish)

If you only have a few in mind, that’s fine! I just want us to prevent impulse buys (Not the Topyo Impulse) and get yo-yos that we love the most! Please keep in. mind that people may take your thoughts into consideration! Please at least know if they are being produced still!

1 Like

a. Beginner yoyo
Replay

b. Plastic Unresponsive yoyo
Skyva

c. Metal first unresponisve
Arcade

d. Mono-Metal
Arcade (ultimately would depend on their shape preferences)

e. Bi-Metal
One of the recent Duncan’s, they look like insane bang for the buck

6 Likes

Ayyy. First one! Thanks!

1 Like

First unresponsive:
Magic yo-yo N12

Monometal:
Shutter, Sengoku Ashigaru

Bimetal:
Kenshin Kiwami

Titanium:
Very little experience. I would let them choose their own titanium.

2 Likes

I saw your Youtube review on the Kenshin Kiwami. Loved the box clip!

a. Beginner yoyo
Recess First Base if you can find it; MYY K2 Crystal otherwise

b. Plastic Unresponsive yoyo
TopYo Mojo if under a budget; C3 Speedaholic XX if not

c. Metal first unresponsive
TopYo Silenus

d. Mono-Metal
Retic Copperhead

e. Bi-Metal
Tied between Thesis Hypothesis and G2 BanSShee

f. Titanium
I haven’t tried enough titanium throws to properly suggest one here, I don’t think

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m glad you liked it!

1 Like

I want a first base so bad, its like the perfect size/shape for a plastic yoyo but its been unavailable for as long as I’ve been looking. Ugh and some of those color ways!!

2 Likes
1 Like

Funding is long since over for that :confused:

1 Like

b. Plastic Unresponsive
SF PLSTC (if available), C3 Speedaholic XX, UNPRLD Antidote, or YYF Replay Pro; I can’t recommend the Wedge after mine vibed hard when I unscrewed it once to pick a knot and couldn’t ever get it smooth again.

c. Metal first unresponsive
UNPRLD Recognition, Elevation, a SF Cadence ES if available, otherwise anything in the $50 and under range they think looks cool.

d. Mono-metal
ThrowSpiral Kappa if you can find one. Zipline -ist, G2 Reaper, Life, SF Cadence ES, UNPRLD Recog/Elevation

e. Bi-metal
G2 Arbiter, UNPRLD Nostalgia, YYF Meerkat, YoYoFriends Hummingbird

f. Titanium
Luftverk Evora, 000, SPYY TYY-01, Ti-Vayder

1 Like

sorry. I didn’t really check it.

According to the Recess instagram, it looks like they’ll be releasing a large batch of First Bases soon? :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

If I could have taken 4-5 test throws I would not have purchased 75% (or more) of my yoyos. The route I wish I had taken…

First plastic - Butterfly XT
Second plastic - Replay Pro
First mono metal - One Drop Top Deck
Second mono metal - Topyo Colossus V
Third mono metal - Mike Monty Memento
First bi-metal - Grasshopper GTX

80% of the yoyos I’ve purchased were for retail therapy. It cost me a lot of money to learn that a better form of therapy is to learn a new trick or move. Learning tricks is free and more satisfying than a new yoyo.

7 Likes

Totally feel the same. The issues of online shopping. To be totally fair, joining forums has been so nice because of the nice people and the same interests. Chris, your no exeption. I am pretty new, but you’re always nice. Also, digging your artwork!

2 Likes

Beginner
Yo-yo factory replay pro white with bright string

Tech
iyo-yo iceberg Original clear with bring strings

Organic smooth fun
Static Co Sudo any you can get

1 Like

Best overall quality/performance to price ratio monometal: One Drop Free Solo
Best organic: A-RT Grail
Best bimetal: YYF Butter or G2 BanSShee

Honorable mentions for good starter monometals: Shutter, Shutter WA

1 Like

I love yoyos, but I’ve into the hobby for a year and a half now. I didn’t know about boutique brands like A-RT or G2, so (Please don’t make fun of me) but I’ve never owned nor thrown a Banshee or any variation of it. :sob::cry:

1 Like

Beginner (Yoyojam Classic was my all time fave but probly Whip these days, Really prefer an o-ring or starburst response though)
Plastic Unresponsive (Speedaholic XX, Antidote, Dove)
Metal First Unresponse (Anything UNPRLD under $50 that’s in stock)
Mono Metal (Buster)
Bi Metal (Confluence or Wisteria)
Titanium (Dazzler)

3 Likes

Elevation, ReCognition, and I forgot the rest. (Not a yoyo name. Though won’t be surprised if that was a name of a RCS or Rebellion yoyo)

1 Like