Where you at?

now im past all of the yye tricks, now to start my journey to average yoyoing to the professionals at the stage.

I’m just kind of single-minded. Once I decided to learn Spirit Bomb, it’s the only trick I did for a few weeks. Kept missing, kept trying. Suddenly one day I was 33% accurate. Then 50%. Then about 90%. I’m still just barely above 90%, but that’s really when I started doing it even MORE. It was like, “Hey, I can do this trick now” so I did it all the time for days.

That’s about when I figured, “Yeah, I can do this blindfolded for that contest”. :wink:

Don’t worry; your fixed-axle-february entry made me feel inadequate, too. And that fun Profly one made me go “Man, I can’t come out of stalls like that” (plus, "Man, how does he hit a triple or nothing stall?) We’re equally good at making each other feel unskilled I guess! Hah!

1 Like

I feel I missed voted i pick and pluck aspects out of master and all other things then throw those together and still working on cleaning up my own style of tricks. Also I feel boing-y-boing and magic drop should be in master those are not easy to understand and i just finally got down a solid magic drop and starting to wrap a combo around it.

It seems like very few people have done all of the YYE tricks. Why? What is wrong with the ones here? I’m ending Expert 2, have never gone to any other site (Although I have learned a few extras with my friend) and I can do everything below me, except Spirit Bomb and Revolutions.

Finished all in 1a except double suicide and double iron whip.

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I’m not driven to just go through one particular list. I have to admit, the “checklist” card you get with each order makes me want to learn them so that I can some day go, “check, check, check, yup, got’em all!” but I’m in no rush.

For me, YYE wasn’t the first trick site I visited, so I was already predisposed to look elsewhere. Then there are “better” tutorials for certain tricks, so you end up tracking those ones down… before you know it, you’ve spotted a trick in that other site’s “Intermediate” section that you hadn’t heard of before and think to yourself, “Hey, I’m intermediate! Here’s another trick I can be learning at my current level”…

And from there you just take tricks from wherever you can find them. :wink: