Where you at?

Tidal wave? I don’t think I know that one. Is that the same as “washing off”?

hm, I haven’t heard of that(could be). I checked it is called tidal wave, it’s under looping basics.

Done with YYE. I know your never done cause there Is always a new trick…

Got em all. In 1a that is.

I’ve been mirroring the tricks so the yoyo spins the other way when I need to fix tension. Although you reminded me about the UFO, I might have to try it sometimes.

If you can hit an unresponsive UFO, my hat’s off to you. :wink: UFO to horizontal fingergrind to bind might work, come to think of it… hmmmm…

In the meantime, I just bust out my responsive throws!

I’m at my laptop.

Cool.

You can try the trick in 1a similar to a 2a Side Winder.

Go watch the PGM Promo video. Augie goes into a bottom mount and pulls the middle string to the side cause a UFO kinda thing…

I am a little bit on advanced 1 & 2 and all around the place.

I’ve only been throwing like 6 months and I’m about half way through adv. 2. And have been kind of jumpin around on that list amongst other tutorials. Nanda kanda is my trick of the week.

The problem isn’t tension management. Unresponsive sidewinders are easy. :wink:

In fact, there’s no problem at all: the idea is to do a UFO. That’s a specific trick. My earlier idea of fingerspin is not good, either-- half the beauty of a UFO is that you hop it up to alignment with the string and it comes back to your hand.

Because a sponsered player is always at beginner 1 :stuck_out_tongue:

I can do that. I need more practice as I keep knocking the yoyo seriously off axis. I usually manage my string tension by doing the same thing from a trapeze mount and them moving the loop to my throw hand index finger.

Seriously, these are some fairly cool ways to manage string tension. When done properly, they are fast, can be fine tuned easily and for the “non-initiated”, looks darn cool like it’s a trick unto itself. It just takes some practice. The only issue is that with some heavily textured yoyos, such as the PGM, it can be a touch more challenging, but with slight adjustments to technique based on the basics of it, one should be able to adjust in a few tries.

There was a video posted not too long ago where someone did an unresponsive ufo… they did a bind and it

advanced 1 …

A mid-air bind on a moving target would be bad____, indeed.

Im at 7 months and i pretty much have them all. The only ones i cant do are yuuki slack and superman. I really just make my own stuff up

I wish. I’m totally deficient in the “make my own stuff up” department. Some day. :wink:

Hey greg, u have any vids? I love your comments here on the forums :slight_smile:

Haha! A few. I’ve been planning a “trick inventory” video or two… more like throwing down tricks I know for posterity than trying to show off. Any time I’ve made a video it’s been for a specific purpose, so they’re not nutty-exciting for most yoyo-video-watchers. :wink: Here are a few. If you go to my channel, there are a few little clips like a top-down Trianglglgle and a top-down Brent Stole… a review… a few other wee things.

I like your vids Greg, The blindfolded Spirit Bomb is great. I still don’t have it that reliable with my eyes open. Really makes me feel inadequate. :wink:

1 Like