Where have all the Slim Line throws gone?

I have a Walter and love it!

I wish more people would make throws on the skinnier side. So much fun and much more pocket friendly.

Anyone else miss the old narrower throws?

I’m talking about 1.5" and thinner.

1 Like

I think the manufacturers are pushing so hard to make yoyos that push the boundaries of play and the newest design that they have forgotten the fun that yoyoing is. Im probably incorrect but i do think it would be fun to have some slimline bearing yoyos to throw around.

We should just make a company that all they do is make slimlines like the Walter the other ones that im to lazy to remember…

It’d be cool. But really how much variety could you really have?

It’s similar to the market now, so many yoyo’s that are pretty much the same. It’s cool just having a few really well done slim yoyo’s out there. Walter, SB-2, Starfire, Flying V, may be missing a couple.

Cold fusion, the Silver bullet and a few others

Personally for me the fun of the thinner yoyo’s is how much more challenging everything becomes. I think they also feel better when you throw them and of course better in your pocket.

Forgot about the Cold Fusion! That’s a great one.

Ebay, they are on ebay. :wink: lol

YYF G5 is under 1.5" width. Really want to get one of the original colors!

iyoyo, gladiator,

does the starfire count… i met the owner tonight…

1 Like

We have threw all of them in the trash along with most old yoyo designs .

One Drop Dingo (though should I count it when there’s only 1 left on here?) is pretty slim actually. Still lot of fun and quite stable for what it is.

The Dingo was my first, maybe that is why I like the little guys so much!

As kadabrium already mentioned; the Difeo Gladiator Slave. It is 35.9mm wide. < Pretty narrow by current standards.

And the Monkeyfinger Forte. It is 36mm wide.

1 Like

I don’t chime in often here, but i do think the yelets is overlooked in this category and possibly underrated. Other good throws not mentioned possibly the Duncan Dragonfly(turbo bumblebee GT), Spintastics Tiger Shark, YYJ Sigma Blade, Sigma Blade Zwei… Maybe not all current models, but I think in the same arena.

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah188/K_Mac/evo001_zpsc74e657c.jpg[/URL][/img]

1 Like

i hate to bring this one up but the zombie from pocket pro…

1 Like

Like the silver one or the black and white?

I have one and it’s still one of the most stable yoyos I own.

The problem is the amount of yoyos people make when they do a run of yoyos, we’re talking about 500-1000 yoyos. When you manufacture a yoyo you have to make it to be able to sell, and that means you have to find 500-1000 people to buy your yoyos and be able to market them to be able to sell them to help the retailers move the product. I made 100 starfires and it took almost 5 years to sell through those 100 yoyos. In hindsight I didn’t do a good job at marketing the yoyo so I take that blame. But the manufacturers have to produce a product that will sell and unfortunately, the market isn’t always there for niche products unfortunately, the good news that leaves the door open for custom shops and modders so that you can get the yoyo you want.

so you say most companies make 500 - 1,000 of the same yoyo… i don’t know where on earth you got those numbers but i can assure you duncan is probably the only one that can do that. Yoyofactory may be able to make 500 of the cheaper models but i seriously doubt there is enough demand of one yoyo to make 1,000…