where do you work?

just for another new topic, a Occupation forum. Just to get to know eachother alil more.
I am a Line cook/Prepper for Outback steakhouse. Ima superman/Mama to my store. One of the best scores in the Mid Atlantic region XD. Ive done it now for like 5 years. Kitchen work isnt always glamorous but it helps excel at urgency and multi-tasking. Ive seen a few posts of others that do kitchen work on here. share your occupation with me and others. Florists to nurses. Waste management to mechanics, w/e. ;D

~self-employed college student~

Great Topic.

I am a software engineer that currently writes research applications for Oregon Health Sciences University (OHSU). Our group creates applications to support fundamental research into Bio-Informatics and Bio-Engineering. Recently, I worked on in-home sensors and an artificial pancreas. Fun stuff if you are an engineer.

ā€¦Really :slight_smile:

Iā€™m a retired rocket scientist.

Iā€™m a retired burrito scientist. Retired after blowing out a large intestine in the line of duty. Got bored of being retired and been a personal toilet seat warmer ever since!

My dad works at a sewage treatment plant as an electrical engineer.

I know where I never want to work at. a fast food chain. Iā€™d rather scrape gum off walls and stuff.

Thatā€™s mostly what fast food work is. Haha.

Iā€™m starting a new job as a call center agent. You know, your home theater doesnā€™t work, you call me.

Iā€™ve worked as the assistant manager of a grocery, waiter/dishwasher, worked in manufacturingā€¦kind of a jack of all trades. I went to college for Sociology.

I do whatever I can find, right now my only ā€˜realā€™, taxable job is at a Safeway fuel station, but Iā€™m also doing some freelance labor for a water purification company. Mostly digging ditches and stuff. Not glamorous or mentally engaging, but most of the time my bills get paid, :).
Hoping to find a restaurant thatā€™ll let me come in and wash dishes or do some prep work a couple nights a week to close up the giant holes in my schedule.

Work? People work? My job is to play all day, every day. I love it and Iā€™m even good at it! ;D

Culinary Manager at Bonefish Grill. Grinch and I both work for Bloomin Brands, whoā€™da thunk it? :wink:

Iā€™m in the colledge student thing too. I had to drop for personal reasons but im going back. Right not I work in construction and this time of year im not working as much because of weather. And Grinch, Depending on where you are, I would like to work at an out back or restaurant in general. XD Just saying. XD

1 Like

That we do sir, XD, one reason why i started this topic, just to see whom can relate to one another, lemme ask you a question, Eco-sure just role through for you guys too? we got an 88 X_X was shooting for a 94 or higher. and did they change your guys prep alot within the last year?

I live in richmond VA, if you within the area, and you got the hands, and the lil bit of the ā€œcukoonessā€ it takes to handle a kitchen i can set you up buddy.

dude that is really cool man, an artificial pancreas??? wow, ive seen a few things on the tele about artificial organs and muscles, i know that has to take some intelligence to replicate the various actions into one action. Mammals bodies are so weirdā€¦ALIENS MAN! thats quite fresh though man.

Yeah thatā€™s kinda far from ohio for a job. XD

Team leader for underwater search and recovery unit. Iā€™ve Recovered drowning victims, guns, vehicles, airplanes and boats, jewelry, keys, etc

Iā€™m a proffesional Pumpkin salesmen and appl sorter at the Apple orchard near our house.

That sounds like the most gratifying job ever.

I know! its great making 7.50 a hour butā€¦Iā€™m only 15 so its not so bad.