Where do you put the string around your finger?

Pretty close to the base of my finger. I started on the middle segment of my finger and moved it at some point. I don’t really remember why, helped with string separation I think. I’m pretty sure there is no one “right” place. I could come up with some wrong ones though. Like your thumb.

1 Like

The middle of my middle finger with the double string facing out. This is the only way :triumph:

1 Like

I’m between first and seconds knuckle with the knot facing my pinky

1 Like

I always put the string on the far back of my middle finger right near the knuckles :grin: im actually left handed too btw :wink:

1 Like

Sameee

1 Like

As far towards the end of my middle finger as I can bear. I believe this gives better control. The doubled string is on the right

Depends on what style I’m throwing. :grin:
1A I’ve always preferred it between the knuckle and first joint of my middle finger, but I’ll occasionally place it in the “traditional” area for 1A and 4A. Mainly just for 2A though. :hugs:

4 Likes

I’ve always done below the 1st joint of the middle finger, but have been experimenting towards the base because of this thread. Below the knuckle near the palm feels a bit odd, it’s been so many years higher up the finger, but can do either obviously. When you start a certain way, it just sticks.

I see some advantages of lower down the finger, but it seems to sacrifice the throw somehow. It depends on the individual and what you are used to.

1 Like

I put it on my big toe

There is a Yoyojam joke in there somewhere. :joy:

Middle finger, just behind the first knuckle.

Sick.

You’re all just sick.

Honestly, Your improper string positioning is a scourge upon yoyo throwers worldwide.

How do you sleep at night?

This thread is embarrassing.

If you don’t place the string directly upon your middle finger second knuckle, you’re obviously not a real yoyo’er.

Trust me, I saw Gentry do it once… it is clearly the correct way.

2 Likes

Wow :clap::open_mouth::clap: its a PERSONAL PREFERENCE :laughing: :clap::open_mouth::clap:

1 Like

But fr this is where i put it

2 Likes

My jacked up, dried ■■■, finger says this is the way.

Why choose just one finger, when you can have them all?

5 Likes

One finger to rule them all…
One finger to Bind them.

1 Like

I’ve mentioned this before, but this one is even more interesting> This guy creates this thread in 2014. His tag line is Yoyo for lyfeeee. He hasn’t been seen since 2016😳

Fortunately, the subject is pretty much timeless. But I always wonder why these folks just sort of vanish.

I always wish them well…

3 Likes

Ok have to try this fail :wink:

3 Likes

Doesn’t move!!

1 Like