Question on string placement??

Sometimes I see people with the slip-knot near the bottom of their middle finger between their knuckle and the middle join, and other times i see it near the top between the middle joint and the tip of the finger. Which do you guys do? I usually do it at the bottom but sometimes is impossible for me to do tricks unless its at the top.

I do it at the very back of my finger. I can still get through every trick pretty easy.

true, but im 12 years old and one of the smallest kids in my grade. Though I have bigger hands then most of the people in the grade or just as big.

I use the back mostly but when it starts to hurt I move it around.

This is what I do, assuming by back you mean near the knuckle. It’s just how I’ve always done it.

I used to do it at the bottom, but I switched to the top. I still sometimes put it on the back, so you can say I do both. It doesn’t really bother me either way, I can still do all my tricks.

I use the middle segment of the three segments of your finger. And in that segment i move it all around there because it gets sore if it stays in one spot too long.

It really doesn’t matter.

“Convention” says the middle of your middle finger.

But if you want to be a maverick, or if that part starts hurting, move the string.

Enjoy playing

-Jacob